Just got my Techno

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gull wing

Just got my Techno

Post by gull wing »

I know this is old stuff, but the Techno is new to me, been on the fence long enough.
Even though I'd read about all there was on this knife I was still surprised that I could actually hold and operate this knife. It's small!
I'm well pleased with the simple design, clean, well finished. I can open and close with one hand(with difficulty).

I look forward to reprofileing the edge (so it will cut something), and breaking it in(pivot is a bit tight).

I will use it a while then decide what to do.
dogrunner

Re: Just got my Techno

Post by dogrunner »

I have been considering this one for a long time too, and finally ordered one. Yesterday in fact. It is at the other end of the robustness scale from the Bradley Air, which has the same lengths. The Air is my EDC at work (office), but I like heavier duty too, as long as it still cuts well. By all reports, the Techno is a good cutting blade, even without reprofiling, so please report back on how your re-profiling works out :)
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi gull wing!

And welcome to the club. :D

Never is too late for such a wonderfull knife as the Spyderco Techno. :)

I'll also follow your review about reprofiling your edge. I've always kept mine with 30° inclusive, and it's a fantastic slicer. :cool:
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I was iffy on it at first. But as it broke in, I started to love it. And it is now one of the top choices for carry for me. Especially if I am going to be around people that aren't too impressed by knives and often have little freak outs when they appear.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

The Techno is my all time favorite at this point.
this little knife has it all for me.
Tuff like **** and the sharpest spydie in my collection.
Almost the only one i did not have to reprofile the edge! (it came even less then 30 degrees inclusive and is still crazy sharp) :)
to all that have it but are not shure about it give it another try this little buddy can take anything :).
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

The Techno appears as though it won't cut well given the thick spine, but it's a fantastic slicer. You basically have to enjoy using a specific grip in order to love the knife, IMHO. It's my work EDC and I feel like it can take anything I throw at it. I never use two hands to open or close it, I don't remember at this point how break-in was (I may have added lube to the pivot area) , but it is now super smooth and easy to open, use, and close, then put back in the pocket. The wire clips are really nice for users because they go on and off really easy.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Good choice!
One handed opening and closing becomes easy and fluid once you realise the varying direction your thumb has to travel: it is different to other Spyderco (at least the several I have, anyway) in this respect.
The the thin edge and wide, curved spine gives this blade some serious cutting power.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Mine arrived today and it is in my pocket now (displaying my GB air - quite a change in pocket mass). Love it! I really like LBKs and this one is exceptional. Feels great in hand, F&F are top-notch, and gives the impression of being able to take on any cutting job not requiring a long blade. Wow! Echoing what others have said, can't believe I waited this long to get one.
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

The Techno is a fantastic gentleman's pocket knife. It's small, strong, extremely sharp, non-threatening and is a very stylish design. I love it.
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

I love my techno too. When I first got mine it was difficult to open and was very stiff. Once you break it in it becomes super smooth.