TEN YEARS On the Job AT Spyderville

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

TEN YEARS On the Job AT Spyderville

Post by JD Spydo »

Well today marks my tenth year of being a citizen of the Spyderville forum. It sure doesn't seem like it's been 10 years either.

I personally want to thank all of Spyder Brethren ( Spyder Sisters too :D ) for tolerating me for that long :rolleyes: :D .

I know that there are a few of you all that are still here that have a bit more seniority than I do but we have truly covered a lot of subjects dealing with blades and I'm looking forward to more years ahead ( Lord Willing).

I've seen a lot of great forum members come and go and wish that some of them would return hopefully. Again I want to thank Spyderco and all the rest of you for making this a very pleasant place to hang out. Thanks a million. Now do I get my gold Hawkbill :rolleyes: :D
jujigatame

Re: TEN YEARS On the Job AT Spyderville

Post by jujigatame »

Congrats on the anniversary Joe. Your passion for Spydercos and for talking about them with us on the forums is a great asset to this community.
~ Nate
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

What a coincidence...nearly 10 for me...
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

JE - thanks for all the wit and wisdom you bring to the Forum! Here's to the next ten!

TedP
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

JD Spydo wrote:Well today marks my tenth year of being a citizen of the Spyderville forum. It sure doesn't seem like it's been 10 years either.

I personally want to thank all of Spyder Brethren ( Spyder Sisters too :D ) for tolerating me for that long :rolleyes: :D .

I know that there are a few of you all that are still here that have a bit more seniority than I do but we have truly covered a lot of subjects dealing with blades and I'm looking forward to more years ahead ( Lord Willing).

I've seen a lot of great forum members come and go and wish that some of them would return hopefully. Again I want to thank Spyderco and all the rest of you for making this a very pleasant place to hang out. Thanks a million. Now do I get my gold Hawkbill :rolleyes: :D
Congratulations on your milestone Joe. We can only hope it means you are here for at least 10 more, carrying the torch for Spyderedges and fighting the hawkbill fight. I salute you sir!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congratulations on the milestone, Spyder-bro! Looks like my ten year was earlier this week too. :) How cool is that? :D
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Congratulations on the milestone but could you not have put together 611 posts over the last week just to make it an even thousand posts a year.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:Congratulations on the milestone, Spyder-bro! Looks like my ten year was earlier this week too. :) How cool is that? :D
That's just cooler than COOL Spydernut :D And also to my other long time Brother "Stuart Ackerman" it sure has been a long but pleasant ride and sometimes even a trite bit tumultous :eek: . I got a feeling that in the next 2 years there's going to be quite a few of the Spyder Brethren that will cross the 10 YEAR milestone. It's really a great accomplishment for Spyderco more than any of us because they not only made it possible but they made it fun too.

Again I'm kind of feeling 2 inches tall being that there are guys here that have half the time I have but have more posts than me :o But what the heck "It's All Good".

OK I'm ready whenever they want to present me with my GOLD HAWKBILL I'm more than ready :D

Thanks a Million guys & gals>> JD :spyder: O
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Joe,
Congrats on 10 years.
Roman
Donut

Post by Donut »

Congrats on 10 years.

How are you doing on that TPS report? :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Donut wrote:Congrats on 10 years.

How are you doing on that TPS report? :)
Hehehehe! Love that movie. :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Congratulations JD and thanks for helping indoctrinate me about SpyderEdges :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

DougC-3 wrote:Congratulations JD and thanks for helping indoctrinate me about SpyderEdges :)
Glad to be of help "DougC-3" :) But don't stop there :D What about my indoctrination of Hawkbills, 701 Profiles and oddball models like the C-111 Captain>> I'm guilty on all of those charges as well :D

Spyderco did take serrations to a whole new level. In other words that actually made them functional and able to keep sharp which in the past was the biggest argument against them.

Like I said Spyderco Forum is the best Forum on the Web IMO. Great bunch of folks here for sure. Looking forward to more years and more chats about Hawkbills and blades with teeth :cool:
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Congrats!! And heres to another 10!!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Congrat!!! Awesome anniversary!!
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Congrats!! I always enjoy your posts. Thank you for your contributions.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Hi Joe, there has been a lot of topics covered for sure, and I do enjoy your posts. Happy tenth good buddy.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

IIRC, there was a forum change in 2004 that did not retain our initial sign up times. I believe The Deacon and I both joined over here in 2003, but we both are listed as registering september 2004. in any case, it's been an excellent decade for knive knuts, and it's good to see other folks
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

IIRC, there was a forum change in 2004 that did not retain our initial sign up times. I believe The Deacon and I both joined over here in 2003, but we both are listed as registering september 2004. in any case, it's been an excellent decade for knive knuts, and it's good to see other folks
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JD Spydo wrote: OK I'm ready whenever they want to present me with my GOLD HAWKBILL I'm more than ready :D
I think that comes at 50 years :D