New Lum Tanto/1ST Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

Re: New Lum Tanto/1ST Sprint

Post by endgame »

great score.knives are made to be used not looked at.if you start just keeping safequens you can never fully love them
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Strong-Dog wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
LC Kid wrote:Hi Folks!

What a Catch! :eek:

This knife is pristine. Looks to me like a New Old Stock piece.

Enjoy! :D
Thanx Kid! It really does. Some guys can just get em and put em up lol. The back up Vallotton I got was in this condition too.
You keep mentioning the Vallotton and I'm gonna have to get another one ;)
Hehehe....I hear ya big guy :)
I could never part with the Vallotton.
They are special
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

endgame wrote:great score.knives are made to be used not looked at.if you start just keeping safequens you can never fully love them
I agree. But, I am looking for another to use.
Its just with this knife, Mr.Lum has passed, so I don't think another will ever be made? Or maybe Spyderco could? I'm not really sure...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

So, before my cousin leaves for Pagosa Springs,Co. I went to visit and let him see a few of my new Spydies. He's a fan as well. At any rate, I brought my PMII, Yojimbo 2,K390 Mule,Vallotton, BM Contego M390,and the Domino. All are new with the exception of the PMII, and the Vallotton although new has been sharpened. At any rate, after much fondling we decided to do the old hair shaving test. And wouldn't ya know the Lum Tanto rolled off the most hair- besides the Vallotton that is. That Lum Tanto is one sharp Spydie out of the box! Overall, my cousins favorite was the Domino followed by the Lum Tanto. But, we both agreed the Vallotton was one well made bad azz knife lol. Just thought I would share that fellas. :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Just one other thing. After playing with the Lum for a couple days, its been determined that the Lum is almost as smooth as the Vallotton. And that's really saying something imo. Its incredibly smooth....
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

MacLaren wrote:Just one other thing. After playing with the Lum for a couple days, its been determined that the Lum is almost as smooth as the Vallotton. And that's really saying something imo. Its incredibly smooth....
Wow, I know what you mean that is saying something. Although I would never buy a Lum, it is interesting hearing your experience with one
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Enjoy the knife. I used to be crazy about this model. Paid $200 for original in 2006 or 2007. It was my first knife, which hit $200 barrier.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Strong-Dog wrote:
MacLaren wrote:Just one other thing. After playing with the Lum for a couple days, its been determined that the Lum is almost as smooth as the Vallotton. And that's really saying something imo. Its incredibly smooth....
Wow, I know what you mean that is saying something. Although I would never buy a Lum, it is interesting hearing your experience with one
Thanx man. Its really growing on me.
But so are others...... :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bh49 wrote:Enjoy the knife. I used to be crazy about this model. Paid $200 for original in 2006 or 2007. It was my first knife, which hit $200 barrier.
Thanx BH. BBS still have some but, they're $299. I was very fortunate in that I, paid $175
I would love to find another, but then again, when dealing with limited resources it'll have to wait. Ain't that a shame? ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

$175 for sprint Lum Tanto is a steal. You need real luck to find one more NIB at this price. But watch for used as well, especially, if you are planning to use.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bh49 wrote:$175 for sprint Lum Tanto is a steal. You need real luck to find one more NIB at this price. But watch for used as well, especially, if you are planning to use.
Thanx man, I appreciate that. I would love to find another. Its such a nice knife. Surely one that I never see selling or trading. But, anything is possible.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

One of my favorites. I love mine and would like to see more Tanto's from Spyderco.