Delica with Foliage Green G-10 scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mattman

Re: Delica with Foliage Green G-10 scales

Post by mattman »

I'll get one for sure, but count me for a pointy-tip vote, as well (because I've not had one yet...)

I would be cool with a warrantee disclaimer on the point.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Safe to assume an ENDURA would be double down on this deal???
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

A dark green with zdp would be nice, or grey with super blue. Neutral colors prefered here (greys, darks)
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Count me in for a blue one. Point tip would be cool but not required. I find the smurf blue makes any knife more sheeple friendly.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A Delica with blue G10 and FFG?!! I've got dibs on the first one!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Sal, you made my day !!! Smurf blue, brown, whatever.As long as it's in G10,count me in for a pair ! Happy news !
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Now that you mention it, grey would be the best.
- best wishes, Jazz.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Very nice idea, thank you Sal. Really any color will be fine for me (heck, I'll likely change them to a different color or even some other material entirely!). Given the familial connections with the Endura and also the Stretch, maybe it would make sense to go with that brown you use on the new G10 Stretch you have, as a series offering... Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
stevekolt

Post by stevekolt »

Two questions...what is meant by a "pointy tip"? And where is this Stretch in Brown G-10?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I can't turn down a D4 sprint, that's for sure. The blade shape is fine with me, you can always make yourself a pointier tip if you want it.

After I was bitten by the Spyder, I felt compelled to track down an old foliage green Delica sprint. It's special to me, but I don't think I like it as much as my regular old FRN version if I'm honest. The G10 texture is more like a bead blast than the grippy peel ply, and I think I would like the peel-ply better. Excited to see this updated version!
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Fantastic news, same blade shape and dealers choice for scale colour (navy, FG preferred).
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

G10 and FFG and I am a buyer no matter what color.

Smurf Blue would be one of my last choices but Navy Blue would be one of my first.

Dark green/ZDP would be amazing.

I would be in for an endura as well.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

tvenuto wrote:I can't turn down a D4 sprint, that's for sure. The blade shape is fine with me, you can always make yourself a pointier tip if you want it.

After I was bitten by the Spyder, I felt compelled to track down an old foliage green Delica sprint. It's special to me, but I don't think I like it as much as my regular old FRN version if I'm honest. The G10 texture is more like a bead blast than the grippy peel ply, and I think I would like the peel-ply better. Excited to see this updated version!
In my experience it would be way easier to recreate the current delica tip if the blade was grinded like the paramilitary than to take the current Delica blade shape and replicate the para tip.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I believe Sal already mentioned in a thread over at BF that adding a pointy tip is not a problem anymore. As for colour I would prefer something darker, they grey g-10 on my cru-wear Manix gets a bit dirty looking quite quickly. The green that was used on the forum Native would get my vote :D
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I'd like an Endura way more.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Wow...just saw this thread and Sal, I'll take two of those smurfy Delicas thank you!!!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

stevekolt wrote:Two questions...what is meant by a "pointy tip"? And where is this Stretch in Brown G-10?
Pointy tip refers to the older style Delicas and Enduras with the fully straight spine all the way down the tip, the current Gen 4 models dive down just a bit right at the tip. Check out this thread for news about the new Stretch model being tested by the Deacon:

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =2&t=64242" target="_blank

Hope that helps, Radioactive:)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Pointy tip refers to the older style Delicas and Enduras with the fully straight spine all the way down the tip, the current Gen 4 models dive down just a bit right at the tip.
My first Spyderco was a Gen 1 Delica. While the quality of the new Delica's are excellent, I still long for the old Delica (and Endura) tips, which I found more useful and functional. The recent Worker Sprint had a pointy tip, and while I've never owned a Worker, I can't imagine that a Delica pointy tip would be any more prone to breaking (which I've been told is a reason they changed the design). Spyderco has put out a lot of different Delica colors to appeal to the masses, and so I hope they consider a sprint with a pointy tip, which I think this would appeal to many people as well, both new and old Spyderco users. The handle material and color doesn't matter to me as much as design, ergonomics, functionality, etc.
Donut

Post by Donut »

A lot of people say it's easy to grind down the hump.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Post by Donut »

tvenuto wrote:The G10 texture is more like a bead blast than the grippy peel ply, and I think I would like the peel-ply better.
Bead blast? That's an odd description.

I've never felt any that didn't feel like normal peel-ply.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!