Who else is picking up Destiny?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
razorsharp

Who else is picking up Destiny?

Post by razorsharp »

I saw a bit of gameplay of this upcoming game from Bungie and though " Im sold"

I pre-ordered it and will have it in hand this weekend. I purposely didn't read any reviews, watch any more videos about it etc so it will be a complete surprise to me.

Anybody else looking forward to playing this game?
Liquid Cobra

Re: Who else is picking up Destiny?

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I want to...but I'm not sold on it. I prefer the realistic shooters more. The only reason I'm tempted by this is because it's made by Bungie.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I pre-ordered it in May haha. I got pretty excited about TItanfall, and ended up loving the gameplay...for a little while. I find myself not playing it at all anymore. Just too much the same going on with it.

But Destiny, I played the Beta and had a great time. I think they did a great job making it unique and expansive. People are complaining it's basically just Halo, but I think it has the right parts of Halo exemplified and many many more aspects improved upon. I got sick of the COD series and don't bother anymore, and Battlefield is fun but don't find myself going back for some reason.

I just hope my game gets delivered tomorrow and that I don't have to wait another day or two.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm on the fence. Looks like an amazing game and Bungie is A+ quality. I'll get a review from my brothers prior to pulling out a credit card :).
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nope, picked up Diablo 3 again now that they did away with Auction House and finally got the loot system sorted out. Beyond that I still play some BF3 now and then, and I'm itching for GTA5 when it finally comes out for PC.

Oh and I just installed Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 the other night...lol. It's one of my favorite relaxing type games.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I spent some time playing it today, and I must say I really like it.

It allows you to run around battle bad guys and build up xp and what not, while also always finding missions and challenges to pursue.

So far I have only played around on Earth, despite having access to the Moon missions. It is a ton of fun, but I am curious on the level up system, because I ahve heard it is only 20 levels or so. They may just increase the xp to level up significantly from level to level, but we will see!

It is a ton of fun to explore and come across enemies and have a battle then continue on your way,or start up a mission and work towards completing it while hitting more battles and obstacles. The spontaneous group battles are cool too and a great addition to the game play as they can be pretty difficult, and really force you to up your game from running around head shot-ing guys.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Downloading it right now.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Gunslinger wrote:Downloading it right now.
How big is the download? I bought the disc copy and still had a 5gb install right when you put it in.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

It's around 18gb, took 2 1/2 hours for me to download.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Played it for about an hour so not to far into the game, but it seems like a good game so far. I pretty picky about games.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Gunslinger wrote:It's around 18gb, took 2 1/2 hours for me to download.
That's not too bad, but the DLC to come will start packing it on I'm sure.

So far I have found it allows players of all levels to have fun, because missions around Earth tend to be easier, and get harder as you work your way through the story. I tried the first moon mission right when I could and it was a bit tough for my loadouts and character so I went back to the Earth missions for a while.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

I got to play the beta, and I was not impressed by it. So, I didn't get it, and probably won't any time soon. Looking forward to other titles.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Well ****, picked up a 32GB stick drive to find out I have to buy a hard drive for my XBOX to play it, USB isnt compatible. It says hard drive on some of my other games but they work on USB... meh, CAN NOT WAIT for tomorrow, Straight to the Electronics store after work to buy a Hard drive and play it :D
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I love the game. I may or may not be at level 20.
jennecarter

Post by jennecarter »

I hope this comes out for PC, I'm no PC Elitist, but I'd do anything to play Destiny on PC,
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

jennecarter wrote:I hope this comes out for PC, I'm no PC Elitist, but I'd do anything to play Destiny on PC,
Maybe not an elitist, but the only games I'd rather play with a controller are racing games. The rest I'll take a keyboard and mouse over every time.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

I've got it. It plays like a brother to halo with a MMO twist. Keeps it interesting with all of the items, and different monsters. So far so good
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Im definitely enjoying it, and like how you slowly level up all your abilities. :D