Slysz Bowie!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Studey

Slysz Bowie!

Post by Studey »

Is coming very soon! Marcin just posted pics of his production piece. :D Almost here!!
Popsickle

Re: Slysz Bowie!

Post by Popsickle »

going to be a nice one for sure
Invective

Post by Invective »

With both this and the K2 dropping around the same time, ohhh this is gonna be bad for my bank account. I don't think I'll be able to resist!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I hope they aren't available at the same time. It's like Me and Mini Me!

I'm excited for both, though.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Studey wrote:Is coming very soon! Marcin just posted pics of his production piece. :D Almost here!!
Where can they be found?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

This is probably my most anticipated production knife right now, and will likely be carried a lot. For some reason, the K2 just doesn't appeal to me at all. Just my opinion, but something about that wavy lockbar cut just ruins it for me.
:bug-red-white
Studey

Post by Studey »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Studey wrote:Is coming very soon! Marcin just posted pics of his production piece. :D Almost here!!
Where can they be found?
Nowhere yet that I know of, but if both Sal and the designer have production pieces, we've got to be close!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

gbelleh wrote:This is probably my most anticipated production knife right now, and will likely be carried a lot. For some reason, the K2 just doesn't appeal to me at all. Just my opinion, but something about that wavy lockbar cut just ruins it for me.
I think they look a lot a like. Both very nice.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Studey wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Where can they be found?
Nowhere yet that I know of, but if both Sal and the designer have production pieces, we've got to be close!!
You started the thread saying Marcin posted pics. That makes no sense that they are nowhere to be found lol.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Studey

Post by Studey »

I thought you meant the knife, not the pics. Pronouns aren't very descriptive. :P

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

My bad! Thanks for posting! Very excited about this one.

@liquid_cobra
Peter Parker

Post by Peter Parker »

XHP and Titanium, hope its under $200, I most likely will get one. Wish they went with Flo-thru construction rather than the back spacer, but its one of those knives that I might just find some nice aftermarket stand-offs and install them myself.
Fancier

Post by Fancier »

I'm normally not a big fan of clip points but on this one it looks good!
There is just enough clip to make it look aggressive without so much that it looks lopsided to me.
The K2 takes it the other way and has a swept looking point.
In either case you'll have to hold on to your wallet because they both look like real money to me.
On the other hand there aren't many custom folders that cost less than $400, so you get the style without having to pay the full price.
LC Kid

Let's Come the Spyderco Slysz Bowie!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

It's confirmed. And expected the next few weeks to make it to the Dealers. :)

It's my most anticipated folder since the Techno. And I'll buy 2 at the first chance. :D

Regarding the price, I've listen some MSRP around $ 500, which means $ 300 street price. It's just a reference price, but I seriously doubt it'll be less than $ 250 final street price. :rolleyes:
mark jeneson

Post by mark jeneson »

Stoked!!!! Whichever one drops first will be the one I buy! I like that the K2 has less hardware on it but I think I'd prefer the carry size of the Bowie more. Hafta wait and see!
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I'm getting both as one has a steel I've never tried and the other is similar to my current fave EDC piece in the Techno...plus the Rubicon and Yo2 CF....sigh.. goodbye monies :( (plus the Brous/Strife collab I just paid for)...I need a new job.
Skywalker

Re: Let's Come the Spyderco Slysz Bowie!

Post by Skywalker »

LC Kid wrote:Hi Folks!

It's confirmed. And expected the next few weeks to make it to the Dealers. :)

It's my most anticipated folder since the Techno. And I'll buy 2 at the first chance. :D

Regarding the price, I've listen some MSRP around $ 500, which means $ 300 street price. It's just a reference price, but I seriously doubt it'll be less than $ 250 final street price. :rolleyes:
I'd be really interested to see where you got that MSRP from... the Bowie has the same materials and designer as the Techno, which has a MSRP of $320. I have a hard time believing that an extra inch of blade length plus a crowned blade and rounded scales is going to add $180 to the MSRP.

Edit: ah, spelling it all out like that, maybe it will. I'd still like to see an official number either way.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Skywalker!

Skywalker wrote: I'd be really interested to see where you got that MSRP from...
Here you go: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... st13921977" target="_blank

Being realistic, the Slysz Bowie has at least some 30 - 35 % more material than the Techno. That means 30 - 35 % more CTS-XHP & Titanium. And rounded handles are not in the same league than plain handles.

Everything here screams increase of production costs. And that means higher MSRP. :rolleyes:

Regarding MSRP, Techno's was set like 2 - 3 years ago maybe? So how come Slysz Bowie's MSRP it's gonna be anywhere near those $ 320?

I said this before, and I really mean it: I seriuosly doubt the Slysz Bowie's street price below $ 250.
Peter Parker

Post by Peter Parker »

Is the lock face on the lockbar carbonized on the slysz bowie?
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

LC Kid wrote:Hi Skywalker!

Skywalker wrote: I'd be really interested to see where you got that MSRP from...
Here you go: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... st13921977" target="_blank

Being realistic, the Slysz Bowie has at least some 30 - 35 % more material than the Techno. That means 30 - 35 % more CTS-XHP & Titanium. And rounded handles are not in the same league than plain handles.

Everything here screams increase of production costs. And that means higher MSRP. :rolleyes:

Regarding MSRP, Techno's was set like 2 - 3 years ago maybe? So how come Slysz Bowie's MSRP it's gonna be anywhere near those $ 320?

I said this before, and I really mean it: I seriuosly doubt the Slysz Bowie's street price below $ 250.
Thanks for the link.

I'm not entirely convinced that adding more material bumps the cost that much - it's hard to say with Spyderco because there aren't as many full-size & mini pairs, but with BM the price difference between the full-size and mini versions of models tends to be ~$10 street price. Adding more material - even on something like the 581/586 with an M390 blade and machined aluminum and G10 scales - doesn't add a ton of cost going from the smaller to the larger.

But I do definitely agree about the cost for extra machining to round out the scales and crown the blade.

I still hope that you're wrong and it ends up more in the ~$220 range street, but I guess it would be smarter to prepare like you've got the right of it so far. Oh well.

Need to get a Southfork first anyway; hopefully the Bowie will be out by the time I'm ready to pick it up, haha.