Spyderco/Farid K2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
faridknives

Spyderco/Farid K2

Post by faridknives »

Dear members,
I have received the very first Spyderco/Farid K2 collaboration knife today and wanted to post a couple of pics and talk a little about the quality/fit and finish of this knife.

But first I would like to take this opportunity and express my thanks and appreciations to Sal and Eric for believing in my K2 design, this collaboration truly is a dream come true. This is a very proud moment in my life and I am extremely happy that I have had the opportunity to collaborate with a company which I have respected throughout my knife making courier. I am going to enjoy this very special moment and remember it for the rest of my life.

Towards the end of this week or next week I will be testing this 10v K2 and I will be posting all pictures of the test.
Now the knife. Fit and finish is just perfect, the side plates have a light stonewash finish and a very smooth feel to them, the radius on top of the blade makes holding the knife very comfortable, it has my signature wave cut out on the lock bar which is the same as my custom versions, the grinding on this CPM®10v® is perfectly symmetrical. It is a comfortable knife to hold and use, in the next few days I hope to do some cutting tests and show the true nature of this knife.

Once again my deepest gratitude goes to Sal and Eric and everyone at Spyderco.

Farid Mehr
Knife maker

Mike157

Re: Spyderco/Farid K2

Post by Mike157 »

Very much looking forward to this one. Thanks so much for the post and photos Farid. Also looking forward to your test results. Thank you. Mike
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Please allow me to be the first to say, "Congratulations!!" That is so incredibly awesome! The K2 is certainly on my must-have radar. Thanks for posting the pics too!
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

That is a great looking knife! If the clip is a single screw, is it safe to assume the scale has a hollowed out area to prevent it from rotating?
Donut

Post by Donut »

Congrats on the knife collaboration. Hopefully it becomes a best seller and we can get some crazy steel sprints. :)

I'll be in touch with your knife making courier. I just don't know how he delivers and makes knives at the same time. ( jk :p )
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

Awesome news! :)

The pics look very handsome. :cool:

Looking forward those Test pics. :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Very excited to see you and this thread pop up. What a great opportunity for us forumites. Thanks very much! Subscribed.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bugout Bill

Post by Bugout Bill »

Nice big chunk of titanium and tool steel.

I'm kind of interested in the blade shape considering the amount of belly. Is the intended use of the knife something like hunting?
" Two guns, flashlight, two 12-gauge cartridges, and a knife because—just because—every little boy should have a knife.." -- Louis Awerbuck on his EDC
faridknives

Post by faridknives »

Fresh Eddie Fresh wrote:That is a great looking knife! If the clip is a single screw, is it safe to assume the scale has a hollowed out area to prevent it from rotating?
Yes there is a milled pocket the clip sits inside.
Thanks
faridknives

Post by faridknives »

Bugout Bill wrote:Nice big chunk of titanium and tool steel.

I'm kind of interested in the blade shape considering the amount of belly. Is the intended use of the knife something like hunting?
I designed the K2 to be a very high performance tool for all applications, but it is 63RC and needs to be respected, as CPM-10v is not stainless there are applications like cutting certain fruits which one would choose a stainless blade for, other than that this tool is pure high performance.
Thanks
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

The handle and Spydie box give a nice sense of scale. BIG!
Bugout Bill

Post by Bugout Bill »

Faridmehr: Thank you for the response. It is always nice to hear from the designer what they intend their knife to do.

On an aside, how thickly ground is the knife?
" Two guns, flashlight, two 12-gauge cartridges, and a knife because—just because—every little boy should have a knife.." -- Louis Awerbuck on his EDC
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

A heart felt congratulations Faird, what an accomplishment, you must truly be proud. What a beautiful knife that is now on my short list of knives to own, again congratulations.
faridknives

Post by faridknives »

Bugout Bill wrote:Faridmehr: Thank you for the response. It is always nice to hear from the designer what they intend their knife to do.

On an aside, how thickly ground is the knife?
Blade is 3.5mm
Thanks
Bugout Bill

Post by Bugout Bill »

Farid: Thanks.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Congrats! Looks like a serious folder, Farid :). Thanks for your design; the collab looks great!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Congratulations Farid, looks like Sal, Eric and Spyderco have done you proud. I can't wait to see how your testing goes :)
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Very nice, Mr Mehr! Congratulations on the collaboration, I am eager to get my hands on the K2.

This is a good first look at the finished production version, nice to see that an overtravel insert was added since the Amsterdam meet.

If possible, could you describe or provide a picture of the standoff that was used? I look forward to reading about your tests.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

It looks fantastic! Can't wait to get it.
That and your D3 K2!
Congrats Farid, no doubt it will be awesome.
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

What a great collaboration! Grats to you Farid and to the Spyderco team! I wasn't aware it was coming so that's a big nice surprise for me. I don't buy that many knife, but this is one I won't let pass under my nose.