Finally got one of my grails!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BadFish

Finally got one of my grails!!

Post by BadFish »

I've only been collecting spydercos for about three years. I've become addicted but I can't really afford my habit so I don't have many. We all have those models that we fall in love with and must have tho. The Ed Scott impala was one I had to have. I hunt and fish a lot, I got the USn Catcherman for fishing so I really wanted the impala well to test, have, use an just because.

I got outbid on eBay on a gut hook version and was pretty bummed. The next day I got a second chance email that the first payer could not fulfill the price. Needless to say I was given the but it now price of my last bid 133!! I jumped on it and I should have the knife by Wednesday I'm so stoked for real.

On a cool note the knife was coming from a seller in golden Colorado awesome right? After checking the reciept on my paypal the name tht popped up was " Beth glesser". Is this any relation to sal and Gail? I just wanted to share my little story thx for reading
Liquid Cobra

Re: Finally got one of my grails!!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Very cool score. I always liked the look of that knife, use it well.
M80

Post by M80 »

I was about to go into a bidding war with you guys but the worker was ending at the same time :rolleyes: cant go into two bidding wars at the same time xD looks like we both got our grails though im happy i didn't outbid you :D
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

M80 wrote:I was about to go into a bidding war with you guys but the worker was ending at the same time :rolleyes: cant go into two bidding wars at the same time xD looks like we both got our grails though im happy i didn't outbid you :D

Awesome to know another member was watching the auction also!! Thanks for not bidding it up I'm so stoked I'm getting this knife. That's awesome you got one of your grails too!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Congrats on your score! I hope it serves you well out there.
BadFish wrote: After checking the reciept on my paypal the name tht popped up was " Beth glesser". Is this any relation to sal and Gail?
Wouldn't that be something. It'd sure be a **** of a coincidence for a Glesser from Golden, CO selling a rather uncommon Spyderco and not be related. There can't be that many Glessers out there, can there? I don't know any personally.
M80

Post by M80 »

^ Im also interested to see if they are related :D that would be pretty cool getting a grail from someone that's related sal and Gail
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

It's arrived!!!! The most awesome knife I've ever owned. This is the first g10 liner less knife I've owned and for its size it's pretty light. The gut hook is pretty **** sharp tested on some cord. Knife came perfect I don't think I could ask for more.

BadFish

Post by BadFish »

More photos. So much jumping. Cut out for the pocket clip awesomeness

Just a few of my spiders for comparison. My Catcherman is still the biggest tho

BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Solo pictures! Did I mention the g10 was liner less? Feels amazing in hand I cannot weight to real world test this thing.

I'm sure this knife isn't for everyone but it's made my year getting it thank you spyderco!!
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Last photo then I'll let you all be

M80

Post by M80 »

:eek: Looks awesome man