"Topic Reply Notification" emails...

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
xceptnl

"Topic Reply Notification" emails...

Post by xceptnl »

I think my settings are correct to NOT receive emails for every topic that you are subscribed to, yet y inbox is getting blown up. Any suggestions?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
xceptnl

...ALSO, can the posts per page

Post by xceptnl »

Can we see an option for posts per page. I have always had really fast internet so 40 posts per page has been my usual on every vbulletin forum. My research says it is likely and admin setting.
Dodge

Re: "Topic Reply Notification" emails...

Post by Dodge »

I'm having the same issue. I got 10ish emails about threads is was subscribed to but had notification turned off.

In FAQ I learned that I need to book mark threads not subscribe. The problem is that all my previous posts are under the subscribe status so if I will loose then if I unsubscribe.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

My issue is with the content of the notification emails. The old notification actually had the text of the post in the email. New system just says that a person replied to the thread, and has a link to the thread, but doesn't actually say what they posted.

Not trying to be picky, but *if* there is an option to retain the old functionality I'd sure prefer it. I do undestand there was a need to switch to the new system.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

To remedy the situation on my own for now I am just bookmarking each thread and then unsubscribing to them when I receive the emails. It will work itself out over time. I only have about 1200 +/- to switch over to bookmarks. :D :eek:
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I actually like to get emails from all my subscribed threads -- I'm only subscribed to about 550 or so :) and of course most of them are inactive. I've set up a filter which diverts the notifications from my inbox to their own folder.

But my problem is, I'm not getting emails from threads I subscribed to in the old forums. I don't believe I've got a single email except from the ones I've newly subscribed to. Are you guys still getting emails when someone comments on a thread you haven't visited since the forum change? It looks like I'm going to have to resubscribe to all of them... right after I convert a couple of hundred forum reference URLs I've bookmarked in Chrome from the old forum addresses to the new ones... :o