Next Manix2 S110V production run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Post by sal »

They being made.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:They being made.

sal
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

sal wrote:They being made.

sal
This is exciting. I look forward to them!
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

Looking to get in on this run too. For those who already own at least one ;) . How is the the action on the lock (stiff/ easy) and blade ease of opening as well as F&F? This may have been covered in the first thread, but i have to search that yet. I just want to get a quick note out while I was thinking of it. :confused: TIA.
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Great news. I missed the bus on the first run and have been kicking myself.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

pdptrow wrote:Looking to get in on this run too. For those who already own at least one ;) . How is the the action on the lock (stiff/ easy) and blade ease of opening as well as F&F? This may have been covered in the first thread, but i have to search that yet. I just want to get a quick note out while I was thinking of it. :confused: TIA.
I couldnt resist ordering another one, its just such a perfect knife.

@pdptrow my only complaint with mine is the lock is still kinda stiff after using it for a few months off and on now. Its seems to be particularly difficult to disengage it after a hard flick open, other than that the knife is perfect, so much so that I went ahead and pre-ordered another from KW.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

The lock is pretty stiff, I've found. The major thing I think this knife could use are metal unlocking tabs (can't recall the name lol) vs the plastic ones used. I'm not a big FRN guy, but the low weight and excellent blade shape/steel make it a great carry option. I do like knives that can open and close a bit faster, generally, and that's my issue with it.
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

It took me awhile to warm up to frn, but after beating the **** out of my endura 4 at work, I love it. I've dropped that knife numerous times onto concrete (closed), pried staples out of pipe insulation, and cut thousands of feet of cardboard and fiberglass pipe insulation. The frn handle has withstood soldering flux, pipe dope, and other trade related chemicals with no discoloration, softening, or cracking. Given, frn is not the best looking handle material, but I believe it is one of the best "working knife" handle materials ever created. I'm sold on it through my own real world usage.
DLC Paramilitary 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V hollow ground, Delica 4 stainless with custom engraving, green frn delica 4 ffg, blue frn delica 4 ffg, orange frn endura 4 ffg, Gayle Bradley
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Cujobob wrote:The lock is pretty stiff, I've found. The major thing I think this knife could use are metal unlocking tabs (can't recall the name lol) vs the plastic ones used. I'm not a big FRN guy, but the low weight and excellent blade shape/steel make it a great carry option. I do like knives that can open and close a bit faster, generally, and that's my issue with it.
That's strange, my experience with the lock is the exact opposite. Out of the 4 Manix 2's that I've owned the lightweight has the easiest lock action of all of them. I can even unlock it with just my thumb. I suppose either of us could have got an example from either end of the spectrum.
~David
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Are there any tricks to loosening up the lock on these(the one I have anyways)? Or does it just take more time to break in?
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Evil D wrote:That's strange, my experience with the lock is the exact opposite. Out of the 4 Manix 2's that I've owned the lightweight has the easiest lock action of all of them. I can even unlock it with just my thumb. I suppose either of us could have got an example from either end of the spectrum.
I've had varying results with the Manix locks, some very stiff, some very easy. It's been a mixed bag.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I don't think there is any way to adjust it.

My experience with Manixes has been that I loved the production version when I first got it. Once I got a sprint with the skeletonized handle, I figured that the production version was too heavy so I stopped carrying it. The first lightweight I got, the pivot was too loose for my taste and it was pinned construction, so I traded it. The S110V is nice for summer carry, but I have a BD30P manix ready for a swap for my spare. I'm just iffy on doing it to maintain both of them.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm not really a manix 2 fan but I do kinda like the idea of a "none tough" steel in a lightweight handle. :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I'm not really a manix 2 fan but I do kinda like the idea of a "none tough" steel in a lightweight handle. :)
Come to the dark side Chuck....drink the koolaid....everyone's doing it ;)
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:Come to the dark side Chuck....drink the koolaid....everyone's doing it ;)
Hehehe.
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

I'm not going to miss this one this time around. Although a g10 sprint would be nice, in red or orange.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Evil D wrote:That's strange, my experience with the lock is the exact opposite. Out of the 4 Manix 2's that I've owned the lightweight has the easiest lock action of all of them. I can even unlock it with just my thumb. I suppose either of us could have got an example from either end of the spectrum.
Mine is nice and broken in now, can use the lock just as easy as a typical Axis Lock.... :cool:
Ray Allen

Post by Ray Allen »

Ankerson wrote:Mine is nice and broken in now, can use the lock just as easy as a typical Axis Lock.... :cool:
Wow... There is hope then. Both my XL S90V and my LW S110V are smooth but firm. Two fingers required to disengage the lock. They will flip of course, but no where near as fast as say my PM2-204p.
Still I like them very much. Do you really "carry" the S110V? That guy is just a airweight.
Best...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

All my Manix 2s are very stiff too. No way I can unlock them with one thumb. That's the main reason I favor the Para 2 so strongly. But I still carry the S110V lightweight quite a lot.
:bug-red-white
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Ray Allen wrote:Wow... There is hope then. Both my XL S90V and my LW S110V are smooth but firm. Two fingers required to disengage the lock. They will flip of course, but no where near as fast as say my PM2-204p.
Still I like them very much. Do you really "carry" the S110V? That guy is just a airweight.
Best...

Yes, I rotate it and the BM 940-1. :)