Pass around of my Spyderco C160 Foundry!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoldenSpydie

Pass around of my Spyderco C160 Foundry!

Post by GoldenSpydie »

It’s here—your chance to handle, examine, compare, and photograph the rare Spyderco C160 Foundry. This knife is made in Golden, Colorado, USA, Earth exclusively for employees of Carpenter Tech. I scored one on the secondary market, and I have decided to let 8 lucky people play with it! :D

Here is a thread about it: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... 60-Foundry!

Here are some pictures:

This pass around will be limited to 8 participants. I will ship the knife soon after the addresses have been finalized. I expect it to run from the end of August until the middle of October.

0. GoldenSpydie--shipped
1. RadioactiveSpyder--shipped
2. Strong-Dog--confirmed
3. MacLaren--confirmed
4. gbelleh--confirmed
5. PayneTrain--confirmed
6. Studey--confirmed
7. Therealtwitch--confirmed
8. araneae--confirmed
0. GoldenSpydie

To be part of the pass around of my Spyderco C160P Foundry:

Read and make sure that you qualify per the Participation Requirements. Read and agree to abide by the Rules, Shipping Terms, and Extras.

Post in this thread:

Your Forum Name
That you want to participate
That you have read everything and that you qualify

Then, PM me:

Your email address (I will be making an email list of the participants, and emails with shipping info, dates, reminders, and other good stuff will be sent out.)
Your full mailing address
Your real name
Your preference for being toward the beginning or end of the pass around if more than one slot is available
Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Don't let all of this scare you off; most of it is just common sense. However, it is important that you read and understand all of this if you wish to participate. :)

Participation Requirements:

You must have been active as a Spyderco Forum member for at least 2 months.
You must be financially able to pay for the knife if it is lost or stolen while in your care or in the mail to the next person on the list.
You must agree to the Rules, Shipping Terms, and Extras.
You must be 18 years old or older.
You must be in an area where the knife is legal.
You must be in the US. Sorry, but no international mailing.
You must agree to pay for shipping to the next person on the list, including tracking.
You must be approved by me. I’m not trying to pick favorites, but it’s my knife, so I can choose not to allow someone in without specifying a reason.

Rules:

Each participant will have up to 4 full days with the knife after receiving it and will ship the knife on the 5th day.

Do not carry the knife for EDC. Sorry, but there are plenty of great Spydercos with CTS-XHP, and I don’t want muh baby to get overly scratched up.

Do not cut much with it, if anything. Again, this is to avoid unnecessary scratches.

Do not sharpen it or take it apart. It’s just CTS-XHP, so the urge to sharpen a new steel shouldn’t be too great. However, you may adjust the pivot with a T10 Torx bit if you would like to.

Do take lots of pictures/measurements/etc.

Do post pictures in this thread! :)

Shipping Terms:

The Foundry will ship in a soft Spyderco pouch , and that will be inside of a small wooden box. Please use an actual cardboard box (such as a flat rate box) to mail it in, not an envelope.

Insurance is optional, but if you choose not to purchase it, you will be responsible if the knife does not reach the next person in line.

You may ship it via the USPS, UPS, or FedEx, your choice. However, please be sure to purchase tracking. Tracking is a requirement for this pass around.

Extras:

If it is lost while you have it or while in transit to the next person on the list, you are responsible. This means paying me for the knife or replacing it with a Foundry of equal condition. The value will be discussed in pm or email.
I may terminate the pass around at any time for any reason. The person with the knife at the given time will mail it directly back to me.
This will run on the honor system. Please don’t just decide to keep it, even if you pay me and claim that you have “lost it.” I believe that on this great Forum, people are honest enough not to try any tricks, so please don’t.
And finally, if it comes back to me all scratched up and missing screws, dull, and dirty, I won’t be able to tell who did it, so I can’t blame anyone. But once again, it’s the honor system. Please don’t be stupid, and everything will work fine.

Now GO! Claim one of the 5 4 2 0 open spots before they're gone! (Full until next time.)
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Strong-Dog, I want to be part of it, I qualify

Edit: Pls
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Strong-Dog wrote:Strong-Dog, I want to be part of it, I qualify

Edit: Pls
In!

4 spots left.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Very generous of you. I'll pass and let someone else have a shot at it. Maybe I'll see one over at the SFO some time.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

I don't want to clutter your thread, but I PM'ed you my info. Thanks!
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Very generous of you. I'll pass and let someone else have a shot at it. Maybe I'll see one over at the SFO some time.
Thanks! That is very thoughtful of you to let someone else have the chance.
Strong-Dog wrote:I don't want to clutter your thread, but I PM'ed you my info. Thanks!
Recieved, and you are confirmed. :)
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I'd totally be in if it werent for the rules.....
Id want to see how XHP sharpens
'Id want to see how it cuts with its current geometry.
Id want to see how it carries
then id look for one if it ticked my boxes... I am still temped to ask to enter but I wouldnt be able to justify shipping costs to have it for 4 days.
Plus im over seas, I would pay for the person before me to ship to keep it fair..... but I would still delay it by a month ...heh

Hope people enjoy it!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi GS, I'm absolutely in, thanks so much!!! I just sent you a PM with my info.

Now what other knives does everyone think I should take comparison pics with this beauty (not that GoldenSpydie doesn't already have them all anyway ;) )?

Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hi GS, I'm absolutely in, thanks so much!!! I just sent you a PM with my info.

Now what other knives does everyone think I should take comparison pics with this beauty (not that GoldenSpydie doesn't already have them all anyway ;) )?

Cheers, Radioactive :)
I got your PM--you're in and confirmed!

We will wait a few days and see if there is any other interest, and then it's time for some pass around action!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I would love to photograph this knife.
If I qualify. Thank you.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'd be interested in checking it out. I could probably do a video review of it too.
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

This is an incredibly kind thing for you to offer, GoldenSpydie. Just wanted to say "Kudos!" for your generosity!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yes, it is truly awesome. Great guy/member!
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Hello GS,

I don't qualify as I live in Canada and also there would be no point since this is one of Spyderco's many great models that just didn't grab my attention.

But I would like to say that this pass around is quite a generous gesture and you have my full respect for having such goodwill towards those Spyderco forumites/fans who may be very interested in this knife but would never have the opportunity to see one prior to purchasing their own (if they can even track one down). :)

I see that "gbellah" is interested in reviewing it as well and hope that he would qualify to your satisfaction. I'm sure you've already seen seen his thread with the reviews of a continuous rotation of his many Spyderco's as well as the high quality and funny video's that he produces. If not, then you are in for a treat when you check them out! Even though this is not the knife for me, I would love to see another of his well produced video's along with the return of "the Hot Chick" and the "Tactical Mall Ninja Dude-Bro" - hilarious! :D

Regards......Steve
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I'd totally be in, but I'd feel like I'm kind of a waste of a spot. I have the Native XHP so it's not about the steel, I just kinda wanna...fondle it :o . I just really dig the handle and the blade shape. The Carpenter logo is pretty cool too. So I guess I'll sign up as an alternate? I don't know, I ramble a lot so maybe I can put together a worthwhile review. Otherwise I'm ok with waiting for this to hit the mainstream market, and I am totally in for one.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

MacLaren wrote:I would love to photograph this knife.
If I qualify. Thank you.
PayneTrain wrote:I'd totally be in, but I'd feel like I'm kind of a waste of a spot. I have the Native XHP so it's not about the steel, I just kinda wanna...fondle it :o . I just really dig the handle and the blade shape. The Carpenter logo is pretty cool too. So I guess I'll sign up as an alternate? I don't know, I ramble a lot so maybe I can put together a worthwhile review. Otherwise I'm ok with waiting for this to hit the mainstream market, and I am totally in for one.
You guys are in and confirmed via PM.

@ PayneTrain: That's what this pass around is for--fondling, pictures, comparisons, etc. So you're in!
gbelleh wrote:I'd be interested in checking it out. I could probably do a video review of it too.
You're in. Please send your details via PM to confirm your slot.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

SpyderNut wrote:This is an incredibly kind thing for you to offer, GoldenSpydie. Just wanted to say "Kudos!" for your generosity!
MacLaren wrote:Yes, it is truly awesome. Great guy/member!
ManixFan wrote:Hello GS,

I don't qualify as I live in Canada and also there would be no point since this is one of Spyderco's many great models that just didn't grab my attention.

But I would like to say that this pass around is quite a generous gesture and you have my full respect for having such goodwill towards those Spyderco forumites/fans who may be very interested in this knife but would never have the opportunity to see one prior to purchasing their own (if they can even track one down). :)

I see that "gbellah" is interested in reviewing it as well and hope that he would qualify to your satisfaction. I'm sure you've already seen seen his thread with the reviews of a continuous rotation of his many Spyderco's as well as the high quality and funny video's that he produces. If not, then you are in for a treat when you check them out! Even though this is not the knife for me, I would love to see another of his well produced video's along with the return of "the Hot Chick" and the "Tactical Mall Ninja Dude-Bro" - hilarious! :D

Regards......Steve
Thanks guys! I can't wait to see gbelleh's videos!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Thanks for the comments. I'll do my best to put a quality video together!
:bug-red-white
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

One spot left...unless I decide to open a few more spots...but then again, I probably won't.