So your rifles

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
klug932000

So your rifles

Post by klug932000 »

In the random question thread it was brought up that we needed this thread.

10/22 everything is new except rec. considered getting a new milled one but didn't.
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Only rifle I own at the moment is a '50s Garcia Bronco .22. Very interesting little single shot pee shooter.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
v8r

Post by v8r »

If I could figure out how to post pictures from my I phone on to the forum I would show you the rifle I was referring
To ;)

Good looking rifles guys, and Evil that thing is pretty unique.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

David it's interesting you have a gun that shoots pee.....

Here's my 17HMR, fun to shoot on occasion. Single load block milled to replace the factory mag.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I really love the 10/22 and plan on getting one someday. When the zombie apocalypse comes that'll be the gun to snipe zombies with...22LR ammo is everywhere and super cheap, pretty much zero recoil and pretty accurate and should have enough stopping power at reasonable range. It can also be silenced to the point that it's essentially silent.
~David
klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

I'm having trouble getting 22lr in michigan. Anyway to edit the thread title to say show not so....
klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

v8r wrote:If I could figure out how to post pictures from my I phone on to the forum I would show you the rifle I was referring
To ;)

Good looking rifles guys, and Evil that thing is pretty unique.
I use photobucket to post photos
Nate

Post by Nate »

I think I need daylight to do this thing justice with my phone, but here's a WWI era .303 Enfield. It's huge. Even the bayonet has a pretty massive 17" blade. Basically a short sword that can also be fitted to the end of the barrel. Can't claim I've used the sword, but seems fairly light and nimble for its size. The rifle packs a wallop.

(I host w/ Tinypic. So easy a caveman can do it :) )
:spyder:
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Here are a few of mine:

10-22 take down, AGP folding stock w/1" recoil pad and tech sites

Winchester model 61

M1 carbine, Inland

Winchester model 9422
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Evil D wrote:Only rifle I own at the moment is a '50s Garcia Bronco .22. Very interesting little single shot pee shooter.

Very cool Evil!! I have that same gun but in .410 shotgun. Love using it on rabbit/squirrel hunts because it is so light to carry. It's really cool to see someone else has one and in a different caliber. I did a paracord wrap on the buttstock of mine. Thanks for sharing!!
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

My Rem 700 SPS-Var in 308. in a McMillan A5 chassis glass bedded, badger m5 bottom metal with AI 10rd mag, Timney trigger set to 1# (it is so glorious...), Nightforce 3.5-15x50F1, NightforceTi rings, the name of the base is slipping my mind but its a 20MOA. Then a harris bipod. I have a surefire muzzle brake to put on but havent gotten around to it. Also, can't forget the custom boltknob!

I reload for it, and with my dialed in load it was getting 5 shots at ~ 3/8" at 100 yards. I havent shot it much past 100 as it is a serious pain to get to a longer range in the SF bay area, so I don't have much exposure to that. One day..
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

klug932000 wrote:In the random question thread it was brought up that we needed this thread.

10/22 everything is new except rec. considered getting a new milled one but didn't.
Very Nice klug. Here is my semi custom and I am building a full custom (all aftermarket parts).

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
v8r

Post by v8r »

chuckd wrote:Image

My Rem 700 SPS-Var in 308. in a McMillan A5 chassis glass bedded, badger m5 bottom metal with AI 10rd mag, Timney trigger set to 1# (it is so glorious...), Nightforce 3.5-15x50F1, NightforceTi rings, the name of the base is slipping my mind but its a 20MOA. Then a harris bipod. I have a surefire muzzle brake to put on but havent gotten around to it. Also, can't forget the custom boltknob!

I reload for it, and with my dialed in load it was getting 5 shots at ~ 3/8" at 100 yards. I havent shot it much past 100 as it is a serious pain to get to a longer range in the SF bay area, so I don't have much exposure to that. One day..

Sexy!
If I had to guess that would be a EGW scope base.

I still want to do the CDI precision magazine conversion on my Howa .308 so I can use AI mags in it as well. It will have to wait until I get my .223 Howa shootable. It will also get a magazine conversion down the road as well.
V8R

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Enkidude wrote:Very cool Evil!! I have that same gun but in .410 shotgun. Love using it on rabbit/squirrel hunts because it is so light to carry. It's really cool to see someone else has one and in a different caliber. I did a paracord wrap on the buttstock of mine. Thanks for sharing!!
Did you know what make/brand it was? I didn't when I got mine, had to do a ton of research to find out and I'm still vague on the year. They also came in a double barrel 410 over 22 set up that I would KILL to own. My understanding is that they were very cheap and there aren't many left, I took it to a gun show once and a guy would not leave me alone about it, and offered me an obscene amount of money for it but it was given to me by my mother so selling wasn't an option.
~David
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

ImageAs it stands this is all I have in the rifle department(Its really a carbine, but whatever) right now. Working on an AR and a bolt gun, but that takes money.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

chuckd

Post by chuckd »

v8r wrote:Sexy!
If I had to guess that would be a EGW scope base.

I still want to do the CDI precision magazine conversion on my Howa .308 so I can use AI mags in it as well. It will have to wait until I get my .223 Howa shootable. It will also get a magazine conversion down the road as well.
You guessed right! I couldn't remember that danged acronym! I knew there was a G and W somewhere!

I haven't used the other mag conversions, but this badger is hefty and smooth. AI mags are so expensive though, I have two 10s and a 5 that I accumulated over a couple years because I just couldn't justify buying several at once ha too many knives to do that with.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

Chuck, shooting that at 100 yards should be a sin, get some distance on that!
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

78lilred wrote:Chuck, shooting that at 100 yards should be a sin, get some distance on that!
GAH! I know! I built it because I want to be able to do 1000yard comps, or at least for fun, one day when I get good. But **** life gets in the way! I have to drive about an hour and a half to get to a range over 100 yards, so it gets tricky to find time for making a day of it.

Spydernation #1990
v8r

Post by v8r »

chuckd wrote:GAH! I know! I built it because I want to be able to do 1000yard comps, or at least for fun, one day when I get good. But **** life gets in the way! I have to drive about an hour and a half to get to a range over 100 yards, so it gets tricky to find time for making a day of it.
Well if you are ever in East Texas shoot me a PM and I'll take you to a range that is 300yards.
V8R