Workers are on their way!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Workers are on their way!!!

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My preferred vendor has them up for preorder.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I see that as well, the price is less than I expected, but higher than I will likely pay for a VG-10 back lock. Love that blade shape, though, so it is tempting.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Couldn't resist despite telling myself I could live without it. The green is always my downfall. Thank you Sal, Eric and Spydercrew
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Anyone else order a worker from KW and if so did any get a shipping notice?
*Landon*
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Too many knives coming out lately. I passed for now and got a Cruwear Manix2. I'm hoping these stick around long enough for me to get one. I can't resist green.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

xceptnl wrote:Anyone else order a worker from KW and if so did any get a shipping notice?
I ordered from KW on Tuesday. No shipping notice yet.
:bug-red-white
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:Couldn't resist despite telling myself I could live without it. The green is always my downfall. Thank you Sal, Eric and Spydercrew
I shouldn't spend as much as I did this month, but couldn't resist to green Worker. Thanks to Sal and company for making Worker available and choice of color
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I would love to see a thread "K2's are on the way!"
But, I'm happy for y'all that want the Worker's.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:I shouldn't spend as much as I did this month, but couldn't resist to green Worker. Thanks to Sal and company for making Worker available and choice of color
You also shouldn't tempt some of us with hard to find Spydies when you need to free up cash... it is painful to those of us suffering your same spending predicament.
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:You also shouldn't tempt some of us with hard to find Spydies when you need to free up cash... it is painful to those of us suffering your same spending predicament.
Landon,
I am sorry. Stay strong, if you can :) .
BTW, I received my Worker today. I used to own commemorative variant, so I had an idea on what to expect. This knife is way above expectations. Absolutely flawless, like any Japanese made Spydercos in old good time. Without of doubts it is little expensive, but for anybody, who can afford, I strongly advise to get one. I can only wish that G10 Worker would became regular production with price, close to Caly3. Really great blade shape. You will love your, when you will get it from KW. Did you get Native?
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:Did you get Native?
Roman
I am going to opt out of the Native. I have too many projects going right now and need o throttle back. Already commited to the S90V Yo2 as well so I have almost spent my Spydie budget for September as well.
The Fluted Ti Millie, Caly 3 Damascus, and Chubby are still going to be a must have 2014 purchase for me.
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:I am going to opt out of the Native.
This is sad. The knife way above my expectations
I will pass on Yo2 S90V/CF. I was really curious about this knife and I bought production model on black Friday and sold right away. The knife did nothing for me :eek: And I absolutely love this Native, much more than expected.

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:This is sad. The knife way above my expectations
I will pass on Yo2 S90V/CF. I was really curious about this knife and I bought production model on black Friday and sold right away. The knife did nothing for me :eek: And I absolutely love this Native, much more than expected.
I love my forum native for what it is in features and advances.... but in pocket and carry and use it lacks, IMO. Now the new native lightweight..... could be a different story. Perhaps my hands are just odd. This is why I am glad we have so many to choose from.
*Landon*
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Pics or!!!
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Back to the Worker, mine is due in on Tuesday. I have been excited about this one ever since it was first discussed on this forum. Sal and Company came through for us on this one and it is the modernize version of the knife that launched a great company. The nostalgic value alone was what put it on my must have list.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:Perhaps my hands are just odd. This is why I am glad we have so many to choose from.
Everybody hands are different and Spyderco is trying hard to satisfy all of us. With Native5 (especially forum Edition) they hit home run for me.

vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Got mine Saturday, in person from Omaha Knife. I like it more than I expected. I originally purchased it out of desire to own the "original", but I carried it all weekend, because I REALLY LIKE it! Way more than I thought I would. It is Delica sized, with Delica-like ergos, but a highly different blade shape from what is out right now. I like the false swedge, as opposed to the real swedge of the original, and love the really pointy point! As always, nicely done Spyderco!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
Clip

Post by Clip »

Bit the bullet, ordering mine now. Love the blade shape.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Looks good! Can't wait for mine to get here...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

swigert wrote:Next video review?
If I can find the time!