Forgive me-for I have sinned....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Forgive me-for I have sinned....

Post by MacLaren »

Ill let the pics explain the sin.........
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I know.....I know......I said I would never buy a BM..... But, I couldn't resist the M390......
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Ya know, I have never been too into BM, but that looks nice. The grip looks super comfortable! However, all I could hear in my head when I saw it was a BM was an aggressive cat hissing haha nice buy!
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nah, you're ok. No sin here. :-) Just don't make a steady habit of it. Lol. (Jk) I have a couple of BM's myself.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol....Thanx Chuck. Ya know, in all honesty the Manix XL feels a lot better in the hand. I mean a lot.
It does look so comfy, but that Manix XL is the real deal. However, BM Axis lock is the real deal imo.
Very nice. One finger open/close no problemo. However, its just not Spyderco. Its a fantastic knife, don't get me wrong. But I'm gonna tell ya, it really makes ya appreciate Sal and Eric. It came very sharp, but wouldn't cut paper quite as smoothly as my Spydies.
But a very nice knife over all.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SpyderNut wrote:Nah, you're ok. No sin here. :-) Just don't make a steady habit of it. Lol. (Jk) I have a couple of BM's myself.
Thanx man. :)
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

That's probably a good knife but you could buy a Manix 2 XL S90V.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I've already got one :)
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

I've got one of those too.....just mine has a much more brighter blue scale face. I got mine at the same time as I bought an S90V Manix 2XL as well as a blue lightening strike Domino - all from Knifeworks. The Contego is a very nice knife and Ankerson has done a very positive review of the knife as well. I find the reverse grip to be VERY comfortable on the Contego but the forward grip not so much. But with gloves on it probably locks into your hand like glue for the same reasons that the forward grip is not the most comfortable in an un-gloved hand.

Along with the new CF S90V Yojimbo 2 exclusive from KW, I've also ordered the matching 3D scaled black/blue M390 BM 710 - which IMO is the best knife that Benchmade produces. I will occasionally pick up some nice knives from other companies but my collection is predominately mostly Spyderco. That is because whereas other knife companies do have some occasionally very nice offerings I would say that Spyderco has the most consistently attractive and widest range of very nice knives. I do love the axis lock though......the only thing that would be similar in action but not quite as quick or easy to operate would be the CBBL from Spyderco.

Don't worry about the sinning part though.......I do it all the time and as long as my "sinning" doesn't have a negative impact on others I am OK with it and I believe that the Big Guy upstairs isn't holding it against me.

If you're feeling guilty though, you might want to check out the similarly styled M390 BM710 that is on pre-order as well then make up for all your sinning at once with a serious session of Spyderco fondling (don't want your babies to get jealous now :D ).

Say a few "Hail Spyderco's" and let that guilt slide away and disappear just like money into the secret bank account of a successful televangelist. :eek:
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Haha.....nice post! Yeah, its pretty cool how these knives will have their own distinct G10 coloring.
I'll be sure to check out the 710.
Jax

Post by Jax »

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought "he must have bought a Benchmade"
Haha sure enough...
Good for you,it's a nice knife!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

It's good to sin once in a while otherwise life would be boring :D Honestly though, that's a really cool looking knife. I'm surprised the blade wasn't too sharp out of the box, M390 is what they use in medical blades I believe, so it should be like a scalpel. Maybe it just needs to be touched up. The 710 is also a great knife and the new 940-1 looks pretty awesome, Benchmade are upping their game. One day I might get a BM 32 balisong unless Spyderco re-release the Spyderfly, it will be like being a teenager again but with fingers cut to shreds, lol.

Variety is the spice of life :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Jax wrote:As soon as I saw the thread title I thought "he must have bought a Benchmade"
Haha sure enough...
Good for you,it's a nice knife!
Lol..that's cool. Thanx Jax :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Johnnie1801 wrote:It's good to sin once in a while otherwise life would be boring :D Honestly though, that's a really cool looking knife. I'm surprised the blade wasn't too sharp out of the box, M390 is what they use in medical blades I believe, so it should be like a scalpel. Maybe it just needs to be touched up. The 710 is also a great knife and the new 940-1 looks pretty awesome, Benchmade are upping their game. One day I might get a BM 32 balisong unless Spyderco re-release the Spyderfly, it will be like being a teenager again but with fingers cut to shreds, lol.

Variety is the spice of life :D
Thanx Johnnie. Yeah, it was very sharp. No doubt about it. Please don't get me wrong.
But, I have some Spydies, both professionally sharpened (actually only 2)/and the rest out of the box that just flat out cut paper better than the BM. The BM is very sharp but on the same paper it sometimes (not all the time) will snag as where those Spydies glide thru every time. That's one thing I did notice.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I think here recently, there was quite the uproar a camp BM about their new pricing policy.
A lot of long time BM guys promised to - stray from the herd, for lack of a better term.
But, that's neither here nor there. I just appreciate y'all being understanding ;)
At least I didn't get a BM with a hole in the blade. Now, that would have been out and out blasphemy..... :)
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I do like the patterning of the grips.

My wife always said you can find something nice to say about something you really don't like ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

demoncase wrote:I do like the patterning of the grips.

My wife always said you can find something nice to say about something you really don't like ;)

Lol! Good man.
M80

Post by M80 »

See you in **** :D
Clip

Post by Clip »

Nothing wrong with a good knife! I need to look into more Benchmades.

I've branched out from Spyderco to CRK, Strider, Rockstead, ZT and now a DPx coming. To me the HEST doesnt seem to fit the trend, but it is a left-hand framelock and that's ok in my book.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

M80 wrote:See you in **** :D
Lol......no doubt.