Spyderco Salsa On Craigslist

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

markg wrote:I had a couple back in the day. Actually a nice knife. Was never sure of the reasoning with the pepper logo thingie...
I agree. This was the primary reason I passed on the Salsa many moons ago. Kind of regret that now, though.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
mathnerdm

Post by mathnerdm »

SpyderNut wrote:Nicely done, guy! :) You've got a great start to your collection too, by the way.
Thanks :D I now have my second discontinued spydie! The spyderhawk though I've had since before it was discontinued.
mathnerdm

Post by mathnerdm »

SpyderNut wrote:I agree. This was the primary reason I passed on the Salsa many moons ago. Kind of regret that now, though.
That's funny because I mostly wanted a salsa BECAUSE of the pepper. It's what makes the knife unique imho.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Everybody should have salsa on the table.

[video=youtube_share;Uub_Oqwefwc]http://youtu.be/Uub_Oqwefwc[/video]
mathnerdm

Post by mathnerdm »

remnar wrote:Everybody should have salsa on the table.

[video=youtube_share;Uub_Oqwefwc]http://youtu.be/Uub_Oqwefwc[/video]
I told my dad about it and that was literally the first thing he said lol!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have resisted this thread but just to comment: I wish Spyderco would bring back the Salsa, with the compression lock, in colors, no cobra hood, with VG10 steel. I never liked AUS8 but I do like the VG10.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
M80

Post by M80 »

Looks fake to me I'll buy it off you for $20 ;)
mathnerdm

Post by mathnerdm »

Doc Dan wrote:I have resisted this thread but just to comment: I wish Spyderco would bring back the Salsa, with the compression lock, in colors, no cobra hood, with VG10 steel. I never liked AUS8 but I do like the VG10.
One with VG10 would be amazing! Why don't you like the cobra hood though? This is my first spyder with it so I haven't really gotten to use it enough to see if I like it.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

mathnerdm wrote:One with VG10 would be amazing! Why don't you like the cobra hood though? This is my first spyder with it so I haven't really gotten to use it enough to see if I like it.
This is simply my opinion and nothing else. I think the knife looks sleeker without it and when cutting through cardboard I seem to remember the hood catching (worse than thumb studs can do sometimes). You can remove the hood from the Salsa, but I think it would be better with good jimping.

btw, I kinda liked the chili pepper on them...something unique.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpeedHoles

Re:

Post by SpeedHoles »

Doc Dan wrote:I have resisted this thread but just to comment: I wish Spyderco would bring back the Salsa, with the compression lock, in colors, no cobra hood, with VG10 steel. I never liked AUS8 but I do like the VG10.

YES PLEASE! And with the Salsa logo.
Maybe with some foliage G10!
Salsa is also a large brand in cycling (which I am an avid enthusiast of as well) with good history, so these always went together very well for me.
I love the little blade with the compression lock as well.
Going back to Caly.
JD Spydo

Re:

Post by JD Spydo »

FDE wrote:I've never seen one that didn't have an aluminum handle and most have the pepper engraving.
There is/was a Titanium Salsa and it was my favorite and I wish I would have kept one of them because I had 3 at one time. Unlike the other aluminum handled Salsa modles it had an ATS-34 blade instead of an AUS-8 blade. It was a gorgeous little folder and it was really an ideal ladies knife.

I would be highly suspect of any Spyderco or any high quality knife I seen on Craigslist. Because here in Kansas City I'm hearing of people being ripped off all the time on stuff people have got on Craigslist.. It's a lot like Ebay was when it first got started and back in the day it was great. But now a days I would be extremely careful of anything I got on either one of them.
weekly2330

Re: Spyderco Salsa On Craigslist

Post by weekly2330 »

I have a blue one like the one pictured in Jay's photo earlier in this thread. Blue handle with no pepper. Can anyone provide more info on this knife as it is about impossible to find it online?