Spyderco 2015 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

gbelleh wrote:This year, I'm entering my recreation of Leonardo da Vinci's famous drawing, "Vitruvian Man." The original drawing represents the ideal human proportions, based on geometry described by the ancient Roman architect, Vitruvius. The original drawing (along with more information about it) can be found here: Vitruvian Man

To me, the Spyderco Delica represents the ideal proportions in an EDC folding knife. So, I present... "Vitruvian Knife" :D

Model: Spyderco Delica 4 (gray, VG-10)
Forum Name: gbelleh
This is by far the coolest thing I have seen in awhile, great work gbelleh! I love photographs of Spyderco knives but, this is extremely creative. I hope it makes the calender. Wouldn't this image look good on a tee-shirt? I'd buy a half a dozen :D
Nicole

Post by Nicole »

Spyderco posting on behalf of Randy D.

Description. My subject is the Sage 4; ​Sir Isaac Newton is the inspiration of the image, using both an apple and a journal copying the Latin Principia Mathematica.

Randy D

[ATTACH]23699[/ATTACH]
Attachments
newtonsage.JPG
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Air on a Paradoxides gracilis trilobite, 530 million years old captured in stone and the far ancester of the spider. In that time (Middle Cambrium) there even wasn't any landlife.
Don't ask me why to combi those two in one picture, I just had to......
Tom
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Nice to see a calendar worthy submission from you Tomas.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

Detdaddy
Harpy
My kids have a fort/playset in the back yard, with a wooden roof. I noticed the moss and fungus growing on the roof, and thought it would make a cool picture. So I climbed out on the roof and put the Harpy on the top, to capture the beautiful sky.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.
Nicole

Post by Nicole »

Spyderco posting on behalf of Davide P.

Description of my Image
My Endura 4 and me, we were doing some shopping at the supermarket when a red apple jumped out from the fruit section and exclaimed: "Hei, this Spyderco it's too cool to let go... it's something to sink my teeth into!!!". It was love at first sight with my life companion... who can blame it?!?

[ATTACH]23700[/ATTACH]
Attachments
endura_apple.JPG
Kohbanang

Post by Kohbanang »

This is my entry:

Forum name: Kohbanang
Knife: Military C36GTIP

I am very impressed of many Spyderco Product`s, but to me the Military and in special the M4 steel model is my favorite.The Combination of the G10 and Ti makes it to the
perfect balance Military for my hands.And safely with this steel Spyderco make a very nice Option for this knife.
Cheers from Austria :cool:
[url=http://Image]http://Image[/URL]
AJBest

Post by AJBest »

Description: This picture was taken at the public boat access on Topsail Island, NC in the intercoastal waterway after a day of kayak fishing. The Pacific Salt is a major tool I use to cut bait, fishing line, and all other fishing related tasks. My favorite part about the knife is that it is so maintenance free and will never rust in the environment I love to be in. The Pacific Salt with H1 steal is a true game-changer knife and one that I will always have with me.

[ATTACH]23701[/ATTACH]

Forum name: AJBest
Knife: Spyderco Pacific Salt Yellow FRN with SpyderEdge Blade (C91SYL).

Thanks for the opportunity/chance to win. There is some tough competition and I have really enjoyed looking at all of them!
Attachments
H1-close-up-kayak_edit-1_for upload2.jpg
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Featured Knife: FB25BK Warrior
Forum Name: tvenuto

All's fair in love and war. Taken immediately after the Warrior was used to cut our wedding cake, this photo challenges the popular notion that inanimate objects possess a moral character. While it has been trendy to blame the evil acts of people on the tools used in their commission, forum members understand that a tool can not be good or evil. A knife is a tool that cuts, and although the Warrior has a great capacity for violence, this cut was made for love.
Parhelion

Post by Parhelion »

Greetings everyone. I'm from Ukraine (that country from news with civil war in it).

Forum name: Parhelion
Knife: Spyderco Embassy C121BK

I chose Embassy because it is simply awesome. Sightly, comfy, shoot out like guillotine. It is a shame that auto knives is restricted in so many places. Spyderco did a great job on this one, hopes there will be more in the future. Image was taken with help of smartphone today on my balcony under single available spot of sunlight. I made about 50 snapshots and then chose single one of them. Add a thimbleful of image editor. Done. Hopes you will like it.

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

For me this is one of the greatest knives Spyderco ever produced, the Tan Native is a awesome gesture towards the guy fighting out there for our freedom. Spydrco offers these to those dedicated service man abroad. Really wicked!

Forum name: IG-88
Knife: C41PSTN Spyderco Native Tan

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

tvenuto wrote:Image

Featured Knife: FB25BK Warrior
Forum Name: tvenuto

All's fair in love and war. Taken immediately after the Warrior was used to cut our wedding cake, this photo challenges the popular notion that inanimate objects possess a moral character. While it has been trendy to blame the evil acts of people on the tools used in their commission, forum members understand that a tool can not be good or evil. A knife is a tool that cuts, and although the Warrior has a great capacity for violence, this cut was made for love.
Love the photo and concept! I am getting married next year and will have to pick out a Spyderco to do the cutting of the cake as well! Good luck in the contest!
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
farns

Post by farns »

Forum Name: farns
Knife Model: Dragonfly2 Salt ~ C28YL2

The Dragonfly series knife is a great general use cutting tool. It's small size and friendly demeanor are great for outdoor use around others. This picture shows the Dragonfly enjoying some time along the coast.
dandaniel

2015 spydeco by Dandaniel

Post by dandaniel »

[ATTACH]23702[/ATTACH]
This is a quick pic taken of my fish tank and a ceramic SpyderCo logo :spyder: , Good luck to all the contestants and I hope I win again :)

~DanDaniel~
Attachments
rsz_spyderco.jpg
Spyderco. Member, DanDaniel
Niles

Post by Niles »

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to squeeze a photo in before work. I shot this today in somewhat of a rush, so it's not perfect, but still fun.

Spyderco Spyder refracted through water droplets.

The preview is pretty low quality, so here's a link to a higher res version: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/ ... /Final.jpg
Do no harm. Do know harm.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Forum name: remnar.
Model name: C106PYL Tasman Salt, LYLS3HB Ladybug Hawkbill Salt.

Nothing says Salt like a big pile of salt. I’m sure that most people would cringe at the thought of exposing their blades to such conditions, but they wouldn’t be carrying an H1 Spyderco. These are two of my most used knives because I know that I can carry them with confidence that the steel will not be damaged by harsh conditions.

Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

chuckd wrote:... I am getting married next year and will have to pick out a Spyderco to do the cutting of the cake as well!
That is a great idea, I had a specially engraved K04 do my weddingcake cutting. Do keep an eye out for the caterer though, he almost 'accidentally' took my knife with him. It was the sharpest he'd ever seen. :)
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
juggler

Post by juggler »

The Dragonfly has always been one of my favorite knives from Spyderco, and I like orange quite a bit. So, when the orange Dragonfly was introduced, it seemed I had no choice...

Model name : orange Dragonfly
Forum name : juggler
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

The Native 5 is very comfortable in my hand, and ideal for whittling, fire prep, etc.
Here is the EDCF version with Glow In The Dark scales, lounging by the fire.

Forum Name: rodloos
Model: Native 5, EDCF exclusive version
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Nicole

Post by Nicole »

Spyderco posting on behalf of Ronnie D.

Spyderco is in the details. My image was an attempt to capture the minute attention to detail paid to Spyderco’s Taichung knives. The etched logo is deceptively simple, yet radiates a beautiful geometry under closer inspection. Much like the Sage 2’s elegance, further scrutiny reveals a knife that can handle extensive abuse while maintaining its gentleman appeal.

Spyderco Sage 2

[ATTACH]23705[/ATTACH]
Attachments
for forum.jpg