What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Caly 3.5 the only one I carry anymore
I don't know how you do that. I only carried or owned one pocket knive most of my life. Now however I feel naked if I don't have at least two on me. A small one and a bigger one. I know I could function with only one knife because I did it for about 35 years. I am pretty sure I could go through the day with only my Chaparral but I would miss the Manbug and others. :)

Jack
PS
I think what it boils down to is I just like the knives and I hate to just leave them sitting around. :D I bought them, might as well carry them. :)
Sparki

Post by Sparki »

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jackknifeh wrote:I don't know how you do that. I only carried or owned one pocket knive most of my life. Now however I feel naked if I don't have at least two on me. A small one and a bigger one. I know I could function with only one knife because I did it for about 35 years. I am pretty sure I could go through the day with only my Chaparral but I would miss the Manbug and others. :)

Jack
PS
I think what it boils down to is I just like the knives and I hate to just leave them sitting around. :D I bought them, might as well carry them. :)
This sums up my personal feelings on the matter as well Jack. As someone said in the KW S90V thread, 1 is none, 2 is one so why not carry 3! :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Both of these now I'm back from my trip to Vegas...not having a knife in my pocket for a week was driving me crazy. At least once every day I was there I could have used a pocket knife and was frustrated not having one...I'll be there again in a couple weeks but I'm bringing luggage this time so I'll be able to take a knife with me...probably my Tenacious or orange Dragonfly so that if it gets stolen or lost I won't be too unhappy. Anyways...on to pictures of the new additions. There's one more addition that's both discontinued and very rare, but my camera ran out of battery charge so that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Great shots! You have quite the collection. I'm looking forward to seeing the mystery knife!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

It's certainly a modest collection compared to a lot of what I've seen here, but it's larger than I expected it to become (For the last 8 or so years I've relied on an FRN Native and a Ladybug), but 3 years ago I bought a Chaparral and a SharpMaker and my collection grew almost instantly. I figured I'd stop at 20 or so, but I like having options, and sharpening and maintaining them means I can use the 35 or so that I have regularly enough to justify having and enjoying them...they're all users. I doubt I'll be able to regularly use more than 50, but I've broken my own rule once already lol. The two hints I'll give on the mystery knife is that it's my first Spyderco in ATS-34, and that it's quite rare even for an ATS-34 SPyderco.

---> Branden
asmith001

Post by asmith001 »

RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

jackknifeh wrote:I don't know how you do that. I only carried or owned one pocket knive most of my life. Now however I feel naked if I don't have at least two on me. A small one and a bigger one. I know I could function with only one knife because I did it for about 35 years. I am pretty sure I could go through the day with only my Chaparral but I would miss the Manbug and others. :)

Jack
PS
Oh I carry four knives all the time. I have a C.Platt and Son Stag Peanut in my left front a Jester on my keychain a large German Eye lock back Sodbuster in my right back and the Caly 3.5 in my right front pocket.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

These 2 this morning...might change it up for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

I don't think my dog likes carrying a Spyderco as much as I do lol.

---> Branden
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Like it?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

It's my 9th Manix so yes I love it. I will let you know how I like this steel in one of my favorite Spydie models. So far, the diamond texture is an improvement on the uniform texture of regular G-10
*Landon*
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

xceptnl wrote:It's my 9th Manix so yes I love it. I will let you know how I like this steel in one of my favorite Spydie models. So far, the diamond texture is an improvement on the uniform texture of regular G-10
I only had a M2 LW (And sold it the day I received my CruWear M2 in the mail because I knew it wouldn't get carried any longer), but I do have several other models in G10 (Including a diamond G10 Forum Native), and I personally like it more than plain G10 also. I've really enjoyed my CruWear Millie a lot thus far, and the biggest problems I have with it (Though not deal breakers obviously) are the liner lock and tip down only carry...neither of which are a concern on the CruWear Manix...I love the steel and this thing will see a LOT of pocket time. In fact...I don't think I can state a top 3 any longer...I have no favourite but I "Had" a top 3, which has now become a top 4 because I couldn't choose between any of them (Schempp Tuff, Chokwe, ParaMilitary2 (CTS-204P Specifically), and now CPM CruWear Manix2). My 2 most carried will likely be the 204P PM2 and CruWear Manix2 for the foreseeable future. The scales are still grey but a little lighter than on the CruWear Millie...I'll snap a side to side picture tomorrow if I can.

---> Branden
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Lighter you say? Sounds interesting, I'm hoping mine comes in on Friday. I wonder how many cruwear M2's will end up in the calendar contest lol.

Lum today.

@liquid_cobra
zippofanatic

Post by zippofanatic »

I have carried around my countycomm orange ladybug salt for almost a month. Technically my temporary job has a no knife policy but its small enough and I never take it out in front of anyone. I only need a blade for small tasks anyway so it has been perfect!
Holland

Post by Holland »

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

*Landon*
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »