CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

My Manix LX arrived last Friday. I had decided not to get it when they ran the first batch but was glad for a second chance with the final(?) fifty. I have the black blade G-10 XL, but this is the first peel ply CF I've had. I'm very impressed with it. It's very photogenic and a bit fancier than I'm used to. All you pic-posting facilitators finally wore me down. :)

I carried the black one several days in anticipation of the CF version and found it to be very handy in the kitchen though you have to choke up 2 or 3 inches on the blade for paring purposes sometimes. :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MCM

Post by MCM »

"The worst part of the option for 400 more is that it will bring the value down if someone buys it for a collection piece. Kinda what happen to the pm2 204p. This could stop someone from buying one."

On the M2 XL in S90v KW recieved a bit less than 800 as I recall. So I think less than 850 were produced total. And I do not believe an additional 400 will be made.
The green PM did get the green light for the additional 400 due to huge customer demand. I am talking huge.............
KW generally sells 2 per customer. One to use and one to keep as a back up / collection. Rather than flip.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Not gonna lie if they make an additional 400 I may buy a third. Does that make me a hoarder? :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Invective

Post by Invective »

Evil D wrote:Not gonna lie if they make an additional 400 I may buy a third. Does that make me a hoarder? :D

Not, it makes you prepared :p

If one is none and two is one, then you best have at least three!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Invective wrote:Not, it makes you prepared :p

If one is none and two is one, then you best have at least three!
Love how this guy thinks lol. Normally I'd say buy one so everyone has a chance to own one but since I'm not flipping I don't feel guilty. If it ever came down to a forumite missing out I'd probably help them out.
~David
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Invective wrote:If one is none and two is one, then you best have at least three!
You never heard "a pair and a spare"?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Evil D wrote:Not gonna lie if they make an additional 400 I may buy a third. Does that make me a hoarder? :D
Well, maybe if you can't wait to get up every morning so you can go fondle each and every one of them, like Silas Marner and his pile of gold coins ---> :spyder: :p :spyder:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Invective

Post by Invective »

DougC-3 wrote:Well, maybe if you can't wait to get up every morning so you can go fondle each and every one of them, like Silas Marner and his pile of gold coins ---> :spyder: :p :spyder:
Personally, I'd rather have a room full of them and just dive into them like Scrooge McDuck.

Wait on second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Invective wrote:Personally, I'd rather have a room full of them and just dive into them like Scrooge McDuck.

Wait on second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea :D
Lol.....that's awesome.....
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

y
DougC-3 wrote:Well, maybe if you can't wait to get up every morning so you can go fondle each and every one of them, like Silas Marner and his pile of gold coins ---> :spyder: :p :spyder:
When it comes to sprints and exclusives, it's a lot easier on my conscience when I use them if I know I have a backup. My opinion of "users only" changes a bit if a knife is practically irreplaceable or going to cost a fortune to replace.
~David
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Evil D wrote:y

When it comes to sprints and exclusives, it's a lot easier on my conscience when I use them if I know I have a backup. My opinion of "users only" changes a bit if a knife is practically irreplaceable or going to cost a fortune to replace.
Ideally I'd like to have backups for all of them, but I like variety so much, if I had to choose, I'd take twice as many types instead. :) I only have one dupe, a cru millie, but I've got some redundancy, for example, in 6 going on 7 types of Manixes. Haven't planned not to use any but have 3 or 4 that I haven't had the heart to use yet.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

According to knifeworks site:
Limited to 800 Pieces with a 400 piece option for a 2nd run
We was told to expect 400 pieces at the end of July with the rest to follow.

So I guess the 401st person and everyone after him will have to wait until later in the year? This makes me feel a little better about getting up so early that morning just to preorder.

I swear, July is lasting forever.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

C85GBL Yojimbo "Blue G10" on bf for $230
Was this a sprint run?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

MacLaren wrote:C85GBL Yojimbo "Blue G10" on bf for $230
Was this a sprint run?
The Yojimbo "1" model was blue, followed by the Yo2 black G-10 model.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

DougC-3 wrote:The Yojimbo "1" model was blue, followed by the Yo2 black G-10 model.
10-4. Thanx.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

DougC-3 wrote:The Yojimbo "1" model was blue, followed by the Yo2 black G-10 model.
There was a black Yo1 too.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C85_Yojimbo

There's one up on the bay right now...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:There was a black Yo1 too.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C85_Yojimbo

There's one up on the bay right now...
Thanks for clearing that up -- I didn't remember the black one.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

I think that thread needs some pictures :)

My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

tap78 wrote:I think that thread needs some pictures :)

Nice.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

+1 ;)