Failed Calendar Contest Pics?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Today I was taking some more pics and playing with the filters. I might replace my current entry with one taken today. Decisions, decisions... :confused:

chuckd

Post by chuckd »

When taking photos I just can't help but rotate the camera sometimes, too bad it disqualifies the photo.

So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
Invective

Post by Invective »

I just got back from some hiking up in Mammoth and took a few pics of my CruWear Military and liked how these ones came out, except that the knife wasn't in focus for the first, and the second had a bit of my glove in front of the lens. Pity. Pics were taken in in a section that was labelled on our map simply as "Lava".

klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

A lot of these are as good or better than my entry. I took 400-500 different pictures. The most disappointing was this one. It rained earlier and there was dew on the ground, so not only a failed pic but a soaked pair of jeans and shirt.

some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products
kaysa

Post by kaysa »

Man, there is many beautiful photos in this thread!
It is great that a thread shows that photos that are not intent to taking part in the competition,
I m new in the forum, I never take part in the previous calender competition, and never saw any photos that is taking part in it, nor the winners of it...

is there any where that shows works of the previous winner of the calender? What photos that made it into 2014 Spyderco calender?
and is there a way to find a 2014 Spyderco calender?

That would be a great references for those who taking part this year I think.
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

I think some people take some amazing pictures, but it seems like who ever is voting these pictures prefers colorful handle colors.

Just an observation I've made!
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

DedRok wrote:I think some people take some amazing pictures, but it seems like who ever is voting these pictures prefers colorful handle colors.

And pink flowers. :D
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Something like this ... :p

Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
skywalker1

Post by skywalker1 »

kaysa wrote:Man, there is many beautiful photos in this thread!
It is great that a thread shows that photos that are not intent to taking part in the competition,
I m new in the forum, I never take part in the previous calender competition, and never saw any photos that is taking part in it, nor the winners of it...

is there any where that shows works of the previous winner of the calender? What photos that made it into 2014 Spyderco calender?
and is there a way to find a 2014 Spyderco calender?

That would be a great references for those who taking part this year I think.
No idea where you can find one but last years winners are in this post: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post880820
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Peter1960 wrote:Something like this ... :p

Hahaha...that's awesome Peter! You should enter that one!
Holland

Post by Holland »

I agree peter!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

That would make an excellent picture for February and Valentines day.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Invective

Post by Invective »

DedRok wrote:I think some people take some amazing pictures, but it seems like who ever is voting these pictures prefers colorful handle colors.

Do you think they'll like ponies :p ??

Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Surfingringo wrote:Hahaha...that's awesome Peter! You should enter that one!
Holland wrote:I agree peter!
Ferris Wheels wrote:That would make an excellent picture for February and Valentines day.
What are you doing with me? Never... That would be against my photographic honor and against my personal taste.

On the other hand, those are my knives and flowers I bought. Man, that wasn't my day :o
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
kaysa

Post by kaysa »

skywalker1 wrote:No idea where you can find one but last years winners are in this post: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post880820
Thank you for your info, much appreciate.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I only managed to get one picture after I put my Southard in this tree. I'm about 2 stories up and it fell after the first photo. I like the result I got, but wanted to get more pictures to mess around a bit. The knife held up pretty well from the fall, I was lucky it landed in soil. Anyway, I'm not risking it again so this is the only shot and there won't be anymore. Back to the drawing board...

...had the pic posted but flickr is giving me problems...
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Invective

Post by Invective »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I only managed to get one picture after I put my Southard in this tree. I'm about 2 stories up and it fell after the first photo. I like the result I got, but wanted to get more pictures to mess around a bit. The knife held up pretty well from the fall, I was lucky it landed in soil. Anyway, I'm not risking it again so this is the only shot and there won't be anymore. Back to the drawing board...
I'm trying to imagine someone watching us all take these shots and the results are hilarious! Imagine seeing someone 20 feet up in a tree fiddling with a knife and camera ad just thinking "What is this fool doing!"
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Invective wrote:I'm trying to imagine someone watching us all take these shots and the results are hilarious! Imagine seeing someone 20 feet up in a tree fiddling with a knife and camera ad just thinking "What is this fool doing!"
LOL! I didn't mean to give the impression that I had climbed a tree two stories high! This tree is right off the balcony of my town house. The funny thing is, I was thinking about climbing a tree for a pic earlier in the day and I have to say if I thought it would make for a good photo I would probably do it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Invective wrote:I'm trying to imagine someone watching us all take these shots and the results are hilarious! Imagine seeing someone 20 feet up in a tree fiddling with a knife and camera ad just thinking "What is this fool doing!"

I have definitely wondered the same thing. I coach youth lacrosse clinics sometimes and was doing one where all the kids were going to learn to string their sticks, and I so badly wanted to bring a camera and take a ton of photos with the pile of old string my spyderco had cut up. I should have atleast brough the pile of old string home but I didn't.

I have had a ton of fun taking photos for this contest and it is getting me back into photography which is great because it has been a few years.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Here are a couple that I thought about using but decided against: