Ti-Millie from secondary markets

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Leon

Ti-Millie from secondary markets

Post by Leon »

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying a titanium military second hand.. And I was wondering if there's a good way of telling if it's real or fake just from pictures..
I know theres a whole lot of fakes out there esp for this specific model, and I'd hate to be a victim!

Let me know your thoughts
Thanks in advance
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

I scored genuine 100% new ti mil for $140. I cant find a picture of a fake Ti mil anywhere but I know if I saw one I would know. A seller could post a picture of a real one and send you a fake one so its best to look at the sellers feedback and see their completed sales. If they have sold a bunch of "orange militaries" and "Spyderco civilians" then do not buy from them (those are common fakes).
Leon

Post by Leon »

Yea.. But what if the seller doesn't know it's fake?
Theres this video on YouTube (Russian i think) with some dude showing what is supposedly a Ti millie replica and it honestly looks quite real to me.. A "good" fake..
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

I should add that having 100% feedback means next to nothing. I have seen people leave positive feedback for fakes time after time.

I wont buy an item if the seller doesn't post a personal image of the exact knife for sale.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Btw love that username
Get both hahah
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Safest way is to buy one that's Collectors Club numbered. I don't believe any of the counterfeiters have added that touch. Second would be to restrict yourself to buying from forums where there's a B-S-T section and a paid membership is required to sell. Or, just roll the dice on eBay, and rely on their buyer protection policy to refund you if the knife you get turns out to be a fake.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!