Mighty Wallet?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

It is. I think the capacity thing comes down to there being no stretch or give to the CF and such that they use. It does "encourage" minimalist carry, and that's a good thing. Maybe this will become wallet therapy for me ;)

Ken
玉鋼
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well I'm still waiting on my mighty wallet. USPS has had it listed as "in transit" for a week now. The last update was that it's out for delivery so it could be anywhere. Ugh.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I use a Countycomm LA Wallet. ID, 2 credit cards, a few other cards (Costco, health insurance) a few large bills and one check folded up. It's about half an inch thick when it's "bulging".
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I like thin wallets but the mighty wallet IMHO looks like you wrapped your stuff up in a newspaper. Which is cool, If you like that, but probably not for me. I did look at the big Skinny but shipping was a lot to Canada so I let it slide. So for now, big mighty cowhide is where it as at for me.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well I got it, and I don't like it LOL.

I think it's cool for what it is, it just isn't for me. It's mostly due to the very slick texture, and the feeling that my cards are going to slide out even from the inside, also that it won't stay folded closed and probably never will. Still, I like it for having my artwork on it and it's cool for that reason alone. I think if you carried very few cards and cash, then it would be fine. So, the old and busted Harley wallet is here to stay.
~David
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Kinda the same report for the Ragged Edge, David. It'll hold 6-7 cards fine (they feel plenty secure) but if you put more the 5-6 $ bills in it it won't close properly:

I wrote to them thinking I got a bum one but they replied "That's how it's supposed to close. Makes it more durable.' :confused: They also said this may lessen over time as it breaks it, so I'll give it a shot and see. Really can't imagine how that's ever gonna happen. Looks to me like there should be slightly less material on the inner piece or a gore or something. Without cash in the main pocket it closes just fine, btw. It only happens when you put more than a few bills in there so clearly I'm just not buying enough knives ;)

I'll report back if it does straighten out.

Ken
玉鋼
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Oh you could put quite a bit of paper bills in the mighty wallet and it'll "hold them", it just won't stay closed.
~David
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The RE will "hold" them too but that buckled spot gets more pronounced the more you put in it. I tend to carry a lot of "junk" in my wallet. This is more for minimalist carry, IMO, at this point.

Even so, I do like it. I just don't understand why it's designed the way it is. Seems easily resolved.

Ken
玉鋼
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

Ooh hope I'm not too late to this one! I figured out a way to make them yourself! http://minibearedc.blogspot.com/2013/08 ... allet.html
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah there are a bunch of how to videos on you tube also. I mainly got suckered in for the printing.
~David
rycen

Post by rycen »

Ive had this one for years and couldn't be happier. Although it looks like they've changed it a little bit.

http://www.all-ett.com/mens-wallets/nyl ... allet.html
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal