Good Deal?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Scorpion

Good Deal?

Post by Scorpion »

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camping- ... 1002669898

$20 for a used Serrated Stainless Steel Delica. The person doesn't even know what VG-10 is so I think they have no idea as to the value of the knife. How much do you think I could resell it for?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Not sure about resale, but for a user, $20 for a potential SE VG-10 knife seems like a better deal than many other options in that price range.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Problem is, I don't need a user and I don't have the tools to bring it back to new shape.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Scorpion wrote:Problem is, I don't need a user and I don't have the tools to bring it back to new shape.
All you need to bring it back is some sandpaper and a leather belt. The edge could be sharpened very easily on the corners of almost any stone.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

If I hadn't already replaced my long lost love with a new one a few months ago, I would totally snipe that from you. Love this knife. I hope it finds a good pocket to settle into.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

So, no resale quotes?
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

If you can clean it up and get a good buyer, I'd say about $30 profit ;)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If the teeth aren't chipped, I'd buy it. The SS model is one that I may buy in the future just so I can easily mod the shape of the handle and get rid of those dang points. $20 for any Spyderco is hard to pass up. Even if it had a broken tip you could regrind the blade and make a decent user out of it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DutchBlades wrote:If you can clean it up and get a good buyer, I'd say about $30 profit ;)
May be this is possible, but will not be fast and easy. I think that SE SS Delica is a least popular variant of Delicas, due to the weight, edge configuration and slippery of the handle. So it can take a long time to find a buyer, who will be willing to shell-out $50 + shipping for used SS SE Delica, especially considering that you can get off e-bay PE FRN for the same mid fifties. CE even for less.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian