CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

As of 3:20 CST 5 Manix 2's are left...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I thought your card wasn't charged until the knife was shipped out? My card has already been charged.
Not a big deal though I reckon.
Carboni

Post by Carboni »

MacLaren wrote:I thought your card wasn't charged until the knife was shipped out? My card has already been charged.
Are you referring to a s90v manix xl purchase?
Donut

Post by Donut »

MacLaren wrote:I thought your card wasn't charged until the knife was shipped out? My card has already been charged.
I think they do a "feeler" charge to make sure you have the money available in your account.

The charge typically never goes through until it goes to ship.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Assuming it's a check or debit card (not sure how credit cards handle this), places sometimes just do a preliminary "lein" or whatever (I forget the banking term) on the account to check that the number works, etc, then that expires later and the real charge is made. Gas stations sometimes do $1 or $50 initially, since they don't know how much you'll pump, and sometimes it doesn't "fall off" until after the real charge is made, and it looks like you're being charged twice. I think I can remember when my bank regarded this as actually being charged against my available balance and invoked overdraft protection. If there'd been a fee it would have been a big deal :mad:

Edit: You beat me to the punch, Donut, by not mincing words :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cool. Thx fellas. Its for the Yo2 btw
Ray Allen

Post by Ray Allen »

The process is when you place your order they run your card to verify funds. Usually
that places about a 72 hour hold on them and then it drops off until they are ready to ship the knife down the road. Watch your account and you should see the funds available again in about 3 days.
Best...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ray Allen wrote:The process is when you place your order they run your card to verify funds. Usually
that places about a 72 hour hold on them and then it drops off until they are ready to ship the knife down the road. Watch your account and you should see the funds available again in about 3 days.
Best...
Cool. Thanx Ray
Ned

Post by Ned »

I wonder what the count is now...feeling a little silly for getting up early, logging in to KW, and refreshing every 30 seconds with my Credit Card in hand!!! :rolleyes:
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ned wrote:I wonder what the count is now...feeling a little silly for getting up early, logging in to KW, and refreshing every 30 seconds with my Credit Card in hand!!! :rolleyes:
Nah...that just means you really want something and there's nothing wrong with that. Folks like us are lucky to have our minds made up so well ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Ned

Post by Ned »

Evil D wrote:Nah...that just means you really want something and there's nothing wrong with that. Folks like us are lucky to have our minds made up so well ;)
Yes, yes that's right! :D
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Ned wrote:I wonder what the count is now...feeling a little silly for getting up early, logging in to KW, and refreshing every 30 seconds with my Credit Card in hand!!! :rolleyes:
Not necessarily a bad strategy. The 2013 Forum knife was apparently an interesting experience for quite a few people.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Naw...we get ours mailed first, and thus we can post pictures first, and thus we are deemed "cool" for having the knife before most other people have theirs. :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Shucks, ya can't blame a man for jumpin on this......as popular as the regular Yo2 is, and the fact that its really pretty hard to find one- they happen for sale on bf, but you better see it w/in 5-10 minute's of it posting or its gone. And we all know ya ain't gonna get one for no $229 on the secondary market. At least that's how I look at it.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Evil D wrote:Nah...that just means you really want something and there's nothing wrong with that. Folks like us are lucky to have our minds made up so well ;)
I repeated this to my wife and she didn't look impressed. Words of wisdom if I've ever heard it! Thanks David hahaha.

For me part of the fun is being first to order, I don't know why but it is. It's harder now with kids but I used to be the guy in line at midnight to see the next big movie, video game, console etc..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm the guy who tends to miss out a lot on things like this, either I don't have the cash at the time of release and they all sell out, or I don't hear about it in time, or forget, or something comes up and I can't order, etc. This particular knife, I've been planning on for what, a year now? Longer? I've been sitting on the cash for this one for quite a while and ain't about to miss it because there's no way I'm paying secondary prices for one. It makes me sick looking at those prices today and then thinking back on what the vender price was when they were released. Like others have said, I'm not into flipping knives but this one is a pretty safe bet and can easily be resold if anything crazy came up. For me though as I said before, I know the knife and I know the steel so the only mystery for me is when is it gonna get here :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

I was one of the early orders, but didn't pay the $6 for priority. lol

Shipping from Knifeworks typically takes a couple extra days to get to me for whatever reason.

I figure I need to work on a Cuscadi backspacer before I start carrying mine, though. =\
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I paid the six bucks on my first order this morning. Then when I wised up and realized I should have ordered two I placed the order for the second I paid the six bucks again. I gave them a call and asked them to combine the order so that I didn't have to pay twice. The kind lady on the phone informed me that because it was over 99 bucks that shipping is free and it is the same shipping as the 6 bucks shipping. So she made a note to not charge me the 6 bucks and said it would get to me in the same amount of time.

I like Knifeworks, they're good people.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I paid the six bucks on my first order this morning. Then when I wised up and realized I should have ordered two I placed the order for the second I paid the six bucks again. I gave them a call and asked them to combine the order so that I didn't have to pay twice. The kind lady on the phone informed me that because it was over 99 bucks that shipping is free and it is the same shipping as the 6 bucks shipping. So she made a note to not charge me the 6 bucks and said it would get to me in the same amount of time.

I like Knifeworks, they're good people.
Free shipping to canada? I thought that was US only, and online canadian shipping options are 46$ and 33$ or something like that. I'll call them up if thatll get me free shipping!
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Cheddarnut wrote:Free shipping to canada? I thought that was US only, and online canadian shipping options are 46$ and 33$ or something like that. I'll call them up if thatll get me free shipping!
Yeah, I think they must have made a mistake and not realized that you were from Canada. I bought 3 knives from them previously (CF S90V Manix 2XL, Blue Lightening Weave Domino and M390 BM Contego) that came up to about $620 US and I had to pay for international shipping on top of it and then customs handling ($10 CA) and HST taxes after that.

I've had some stuff get through the border without taxes being assessed but usually smaller electronic stuff from China or "gifts under $60 CA" from the US also aren't taxed. I even had a knife trade which the US trader mistakenly put down a $200 value on get incorrectly taxed since the knife that I had traded had already had taxes paid on it. He was good enough to split the taxes due to his error and if I had wanted to go through the big hassle of trying ot get a refund I might have been successful given the circumstances.

I wish you all the luck in getting yours shipped for free but I think that they will probably or have already caught the mistake.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D