Last Iteration of the Stainless Police?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jeremy_A_Neel

Last Iteration of the Stainless Police?

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

Hi everyone. I've been looking for a slightly older Stainless Spyderco Police. By that, I mean one that only has holes drilled and tapped for right hand, tip down carry. I want to do some engraving on the steel handles, and the 4-position ones are kinda unsightly IMO. Anyone know a reliable seller to buy one from?
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law
Ned

Post by Ned »

:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
v8r

Post by v8r »

They make a police with 4 way clip now?
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

v8r wrote:They make a police with 4 way clip now?
Yeah. It's good for lefties, but not super aesthetically pleasing. Most shops online that carry them are still using a picture of the older Police, which is a tad confusing.
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The change first appeared in the 2013 catalog and may actually go back further. I suspect that most, if not all, discounters will have the newer version unless they fail to rotate their stock. So, if you want to buy from a dealer, your bet would be someone with slower turnover - a brick and mortar shop or an internet seller that charges near MSRP prices. The other option would be to buy from an individual, on the forums or eBay. The alternative is to buy the current version and plug the holes.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

Thanks! I sent them an e-mail, and they do indeed carry the slightly older Police model.