CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MCM

Post by MCM »

DougC-3 wrote:Thanx for the info.

By the way, the M2-XLs are on hand and ready to ship, right? right? :eek:
Not on hand, but this week.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I picked up two because I've searched for a single yojimbo 2 in G-10 and haven't had any luck, if I really like it I want a backup because I don't know I'd ever be able to find another.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Yay, got one of each.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ned

Post by Ned »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Couldn't get back to sleep, and kept reading this thread until I saw your post Donut. You didn't say anything I didn't already know but it was enough to tip me over the edge to get my credit card out for a second time this morning.

I kept thinking about the horrible grind I put on my CPM 154/S90V PM2 and how I really don't enjoy the knife anymore because of it. Basically S90V kicked my a$$, if that happened again but to a CF Yo2 I don't think I could handle it. Time to settle the score :cool:
I just ordered the two from the get-go, I knew that I would regret not doing so. Just like you said, I really wish I would have ordered two Caly 3 sprints instead of the one...I put a patina and a re-profiled edge on it and am now a little disappointed in the results...wish I had another one now.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Donut wrote:That sucks. Practice sharpening on some cheaper knives.

Would you care to share a picture of the grind? I can show you how badly I messed up the edge on my S90V Mule with a guided sharpener. :)
I've had plenty of practice, which is why I thought I could do this one. It came from the factory with different angles on each side, I was trying to even it out. I ended up taking off way to much steel and also lost much of the tip. I actually sharpened it for so long on my 120 stone that I got into the CPM 154 near the tip which you can kind of see in this photo (on one side)

Then I grinded down the spine to bring back the tip. This is what it looks like now. It's not terrible, it just..bugs me :roll eyes:

Especially when I think about how awesome it was when I first got it...

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

MCM wrote:For those who like to keep track, (103) / 800 YO2's and (24) /50 M2XL's have been preordered 30 minutes into it.
Fun stuff! :)
How are you tracking this, some sort of wizardry?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Excellent points on why to order two. Perhaps I will modify my order. Impossible to get later is hard to argue with.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

ohcyclist wrote:Excellent points on why to order two. Perhaps I will modify my order. Impossible to get later is hard to argue with.
Don't forget about the option for a second batch of 400.

I would have gotten two; one to keep and one to sell later but I'm so low on cash right now... :( That C27 dipped into my wallet quite a bit...and now this! :rolleyes: Oh wait, did I mention a C27? Rats, I spilled the beans! Forget that I said anything about a Jess Horn...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I've had plenty of practice, which is why I thought I could do this one. It came from the factory with different angles on each side, I was trying to even it out. I ended up taking off way to much steel and also lost much of the tip. I actually sharpened it for so long on my 120 stone that I got into the CPM 154 near the tip which you can kind of see in this photo (on one side)

Then I grinded down the spine to bring back the tip. This is what it looks like now. It's not terrible, it just..bugs me :roll eyes:

Especially when I think about how awesome it was when I first got it...

1) You can probably still sell it and at least break even

2) This is partly why I hate laminate knives and why I had no interest in this one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Evil D wrote:1) You can probably still sell it and at least break even

2) This is partly why I hate laminate knives and why I had no interest in this one.
Brother I have tried and tried to sell it and break even. Unfortunately I bought it new from my local B+M for $550 tax included. They knew exactly what they had and wanted to cash in as much as possible, can't blame them. So I would have to sell it at a pretty good loss, which I guess I am willing to do but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to buy it.

@liquid_cobra
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

Been wanting a Yojimbo 2. Pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up.
In chronological order:
Paramilitary 2, BD30P Manix 2, Delica 4, M390 Mule, XHP Military, Dragonfly 2, Woodcraft Mule, ZDP-189 Manbug, Cruwear Mule, Superleaf, Forum Native 5, Manix 2 XL, Endura 4
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

DougC-3 wrote:Is one of those "dones" for the XL? The price for it didn't show up on my laptop until about 8:02.
No, just ordered one Yo2... I don't usually buy more than one, and I rarely sell knives, so if I ever get two it's because ones a user and one serves as backup. I have so much yummy S90V and S110V that I certainly don't need two of these Yo2's.

MCM, what's the count now?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Donut

Post by Donut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Brother I have tried and tried to sell it and break even. Unfortunately I bought it new from my local B+M for $550 tax included. They knew exactly what they had and wanted to cash in as much as possible, can't blame them. So I would have to sell it at a pretty good loss, which I guess I am willing to do but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to buy it.
I always thought there was something fishy about the distribution of this model.

Dealers who normally don't price gouge were price gouging on this model. I've only seen 2 or 3 dealers who I would consider sold it at a fair price, and that seemed to be only because they were high volume dealers and didn't want to spend the time giving it special consideration.

The person I talked to with a CC account said they had another offer for $600. I don't need to pay that much.

It looks like you have a thinner angle near the tip. That seems to be common with the Wicked Edge. There have been talks about how to clamp a knife optimally on the Edge Pro.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Just one for me. I don't keep duplicates, and have never needed more than one of anything yet. That extra $$ will go toward one of the many new models coming out soon...
:bug-red-white
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah, just one here as well. I've got to budget for the Tatanka,K2 and others.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

So how many Manix 2 XL's in s90 are going to be produced?

Is this one worth getting? Is is capable to be a "hard" user or jusr light to medium?

Thx.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

sir_mike wrote:So how many Manix 2 XL's in s90 are going to be produced?

Is this one worth getting? Is is capable to be a "hard" user or jusr light to medium?

Thx.
As far as I know the Manix 2 XL s90v exclusive was thought to be over already and these 50 knives, which are probably about gone now, are just some that Spyderco was able to come up with somehow.

I don't baton knives, pry rocks out of the ground, etc, so I'll defer to the experts on this one, but I think the caged ball bearing lock is one of Spyderco's strongest. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FDE

Post by FDE »

Hollow ground
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.