CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

MacLaren wrote:Black is in Germany :)
Ahh...youch! $50 in shipping...that adds a lot to any new knife you want. :eek: We in the US are so spoiled.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Done and done! Thanks KW for putting them up ten minutes early! Go get em guys! :D
Is one of those "dones" for the XL? The price for it didn't show up on my laptop until about 8:02.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MCM

Post by MCM »

For those who like to keep track, (103) / 800 YO2's and (24) /50 M2XL's have been preordered 30 minutes into it.
Fun stuff! :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I HATE BANKS :mad:

I got a crap load of money in my account and it's declining my credit card. I did call and have two of them ordered via money order though so I have 2 secured, it's just screwing me on payment method and gonna set me back on getting them. I'm about to drive to my bank and draw some blood :mad:

Oh, and when I called (maybe 5 minutes ago) she said they had only sold 80something of them so they're not blowing out too fast.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

The product page now mentions the limit of 2. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man.... better get the Manix2 while ya can- 24 of 50 already gone....
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Years ago some experiments were done which claimed that falling in love was greatly facilitated when a burst of adrenalin was involved. It didn't make any difference what caused the adrenalin, fear, surprise, good or bad, etc; the falling-in-love could happen either way (which may explain why some girls fall for their axlegrease coated friend who tends to skid his motorcycle on the curves :) )... Point being... maybe the thrill of the hunt for these sprints and exclusives is what made us fall for Spyderco knives :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :D :spyder:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Ned

Post by Ned »

So tempted to order a Manix 2 XL...I already put two Yo2's on order...my wife would probably shoot me!!!! :eek:
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Out of curiosity how many have ordered 2? I went in for one and am wondering if I am in the minority. Seems like a lot of cash for 2.
black

Post by black »

Even if I don't want to get one , I have to. Just to keep the set complete. :rolleyes:

Fortunately there is just one left: Native 5 with peel ply cf
Donut

Post by Donut »

ohcyclist wrote:Out of curiosity how many have ordered 2? I went in for one and am wondering if I am in the minority. Seems like a lot of cash for 2.
I ordered 2. It does seem like a lot for two, but I expect the market value to be higher than the list value shortly. If you change your mind, I would think $300 would be a good bet on what you'd pay for secondary market. If you don't like it, you can get your money back and some extra.

I'm not sure how the long term market value of them will be, we'll have to see how the market likes them.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Ned wrote:So tempted to order a Manix 2 XL...I already put two Yo2's on order...my wife would probably shoot me!!!! :eek:
Well, look at it this way. If you get one and regret it later, you can sell it, probably for more than you paid, maybe even if it's not in mint condition. But if you don't get it and regret it, this last 50 is probably all she wrote. The aftermarket prices now are not outta sight, but they seem very consistently more than initial street price. I didn't see any used ones for sale in a cursory search a couple of days ago.

For the record, I just bought one Manix2-XL and no Yo2's today. I already have a G-10 Yo2 and so far I'm not a CF nut... that may change after I get my CF XL :p
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

MCM wrote:For those who like to keep track, (103) / 800 YO2's and (24) /50 M2XL's have been preordered 30 minutes into it.
Fun stuff! :)
I like to keep track :D How's it looking now?
MCM

Post by MCM »

122 & 30 :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ohcyclist wrote:Out of curiosity how many have ordered 2? I went in for one and am wondering if I am in the minority. Seems like a lot of cash for 2.
I ordered 2. I've screwed myself in the past with these short runs, wishing I had a second one. This knife in particular is one of my grails, I already LOVE the Yo 2, so the combination of the steel and CF are a sure thing for me. **** I may even flip the second one someday down the road if I ever need to buy a kidney ;)

Oh, and I did finally get mine ordered through my credit card. A word of caution, if you use your spouse's card, don't accidentally use your name in the billing field or KW pretty much blacklists your account and card. They couldn't even figure it out on their end, so I went back and made a new account in her name and the order went right through.
~David
Liquid Cobra

2 Yo2's on preorder

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Donut wrote:I ordered 2. It does seem like a lot for two, but I expect the market value to be higher than the list value shortly. If you change your mind, I would think $300 would be a good bet on what you'd pay for secondary market. If you don't like it, you can get your money back and some extra.

I'm not sure how the long term market value of them will be, we'll have to see how the market likes them.
Couldn't get back to sleep, and kept reading this thread until I saw your post Donut. You didn't say anything I didn't already know but it was enough to tip me over the edge to get my credit card out for a second time this morning.

I kept thinking about the horrible grind I put on my CPM 154/S90V PM2 and how I really don't enjoy the knife anymore because of it. Basically S90V kicked my a$$, if that happened again but to a CF Yo2 I don't think I could handle it. Time to settle the score :cool:
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Yeah, some places even require that the credit card name has to be the same as the ship-to address. But it's infuriating that these things always seem to crop up at the worst time.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Couldn't get back to sleep, and kept reading this thread until I saw your post Donut. You didn't say anything I didn't already know but it was enough to tip me over the edge to get my credit card out for a second time this morning.

I kept thinking about the horrible grind I put on my CPM 154/S90V PM2 and how I really don't enjoy the knife anymore because of it. Basically S90V kicked my a$$, if that happened again but to a CF Yo2 I don't think I could handle it. Time to settle the score :cool:
That sucks. Practice sharpening on some cheaper knives.

Would you care to share a picture of the grind? I can show you how badly I messed up the edge on my S90V Mule with a guided sharpener. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

MCM wrote:122 & 30 :)
Thanx for the info.

By the way, the M2-XLs are on hand and ready to ship, right? right? :eek:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Couldn't get back to sleep, and kept reading this thread until I saw your post Donut. You didn't say anything I didn't already know but it was enough to tip me over the edge to get my credit card out for a second time this morning.

What exactly went wrong? Sounds like what I did to my M4 Manix 2.
~David