Which Spyderco got you hooked?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Still, the Vallotton, my first Spyderco is prolly my favorite Spyderco. I may not carry its as much as my other Spydies but, she is still numero uno. Theres really just "something" about it. Its so beautiful you hesitate to carry it some days but, then again she's built like a brick sh!t house! And theres not other knive Ive ever saw that opens and closes as smoothly as her. My little brother tried and tried to tell me that it had ball bearings. I told him no, its just perfectly executed. I may very well pull the trigger on the auto version to the Vallotton. As I understand it, Butch Vallotton does those personally, which imo, justifies the cost.(Changes them to auto) If there is anyone out there contemplating on whether or not to get the Vallotton then let me tell you-have no doubt. Just do it. As you certainly will not regret it. Sorry to ramble fellas/gals but, after carrying her for a couple days I had to mention her as theres really no one else in the house that would want to listen lol. Im sure some or most of y'all can understand.
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

The first time I tried an Endura I thought it was the most charming knife I ever had in my hands. The Military looked too large then... but this was the model that got me hooked later. I like so many models but when I think about Spyderco it is the Military blade's shape which comes to my mind...
Lonehunter

Post by Lonehunter »

Plastic clip Delica ,in 1,991.
TBob

Post by TBob »

Endura 4 Black Blade in FRN with a combination edge. I found it incredibly well made, tough, useful, and attractive. I bought an FRN PE Delica 4 after that which my wife still uses. The rest is history. My latest should arrive today - a Southard Black Blade.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TBob wrote:Endura 4 Black Blade in FRN with a combination edge. I found it incredibly well made, tough, useful, and attractive. I bought an FRN PE Delica 4 after that which my wife still uses. The rest is history. My latest should arrive today - a Southard Black Blade.
Cool. Keep us posted on the new Southard.
TBob

Post by TBob »

MacLaren wrote:Cool. Keep us posted on the new Southard.
The black blade Southard is VERY nice. The fit and finish are perfect, including the uniformity of the DLC coating on the blade and Ti scales. The ball bearing detent holding the blade closed is easily overcome with the flipper, but requires the right hand position to use the spydie hole - at least for my medium-sized hands. The action is very smooth and the lockup solid. The Southard is definitely made to be used. Overall, it's a winner and will see a lot of EDC time.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
CrazyKorean13

Post by CrazyKorean13 »

Dragonfly ver.1
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
eitenbuffalo34

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

Tenacious! then PM2
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
recoil

Post by recoil »

Original P.I.G. inscribed Police Model back when I was a rookie around 30 years ago.

dave
sodak

Post by sodak »

The Calypso Jr. Still have it (along with a bunch of others), and still one of my favorites.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

203 sharpmaker back in Jan. 1996
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
elena86

Post by elena86 »

POLICE SS,SE.Most iconic Spyderco for me !
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Brock O Lee wrote:Image
Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Blades

Post by Blades »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:For me it was the Endura. The beautiful design, the functionality, and the overall structure and carry-ableness was it. I have to say, my favorite of all time now is the Caspian Salt, but, the Endura was the one that hooked me.
The Endura was my first Spyderco, way back in 1993. I still carry it daily.
--Jason--
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Ladybug.
DJ

Post by DJ »

My wife carries a Ladybug - ZDP189
She likes it.
Steel Snob M-4
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

The first time my good friend showed me his spanking new Dodo years ago I was intrigued and thought these are the kind of knives I would like to own.
christopher

Post by christopher »

C03 Hunter. Got it at the Great Western Stock Show here in Denver in 84 or 85. At a booth manned by Spyderco personnel. Who was there? Beats me. Could have been Sal himself or another of his minions. I didn't recognize them, just the knife. I was interested in and collecting knives with strange/different opening methods. The Spyderco caught my interest and the rest is history.
Chris

Post by ForealBoreal »

first one was an Atlantic Salt for my whitewater PFD.
Amazed with the quality and detail on these knives.
Looking for: Spyderhawk SE
Looking to move: Rock Salt