Stretch Brown G-10 ZDP test model

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Looks to be about the same color as the Calypso, I hope so, I love that color. I will certainly be buying this knife... :)
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Therealtwitch

Post by Therealtwitch »

Sal if you don't love the brown I'll gladly give it a new home for ya!
v8r

Post by v8r »

A bead blasted clip would look good on that. I like the color of the handles more than I thought.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

I have been looking more at knives that have buffed CF and although I originally thought it was a step down from Peel Ply CF (like on the KW S90V Manix 2 XL) I am liking it more and more as I look at it in consideration of potentially carrying one of these some day - either through the new Stretch release or perhaps by picking up a CF Caly 3.5.

But looking at the Damascus Bolstered CF Caly 3 just put another thought into my mind for consideration. Rather than a full buffed CF in the new Stretch, perhaps a bolstered CF similar to the existing Caly 3 (which I would also love to see released in a Damascus Caly 3.5 version). The blade could still be either a ZDP or get the Damascus treatment as well if that is an option. A dark midnight blue coloured Peel Ply CF Stretch would also be an incredibly attractive version of the new Stretch as well - similar to the old CF Stretch but in a blue CF version that would blend into the background of any blue or black jeans just like the new Midnight Blue of the S110V Manix 2 LtWt does. I just picked that up this past week and am really enjoying the combination of the inconspicuous colour (when clipped into jeans), lightness, the CBL and the great steel. But as much as I like it, I think that along with the BRG ZDP Stretch and Super Blue Stretch that I currently own that I am done with any other immediate FRN knife purchases. Except maybe a new Aqua Salt or perhaps a SE Black Bladed Pacific Salt - that one would be a must for me either in FRN or a nice coloured G10.

I'm sure that a great many variations of different popular knife models are being tossed around as sprint ideas at Spyderco and if no one has considered this combination yet...... then perhaps food for thought at a future Sprint model planning session for the new Stretch platform?

In any case, just a small prayer of mine being sent out to the knife gods at Spyderco.

(notice the small "g" - don't want people accusing me of heresy after all :D )
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

kristi when can we expect those flint sprints to ship out? Also i didn't know you were into Aikido
I would like a buffed CF stretch to go with my peel ply stretch well not sure it's really peel ply but you guys know what i mean
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Real nice!!! I do like that!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

The brown isn't too bad. However, if it's much darker than a desert tan, I'd prefer dark blue :)

New choil looks great, can't wait to try this one out. :cool:
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Bradley wrote:The brown isn't too bad. However, if it's much darker than a desert tan, I'd prefer dark blue :)

New choil looks great, can't wait to try this one out. :cool:
If you haven't seen it yet there is another thread that has been started by "Deacon" that has better pictures and comparative dimensions to existing Stretches
TBob

Post by TBob »

sal wrote: To be honest, I'm not a big fan of brown, but It's ok and we do need variety. I use brown canvas micarta on my Temperance design. More for grip than appearance. I am a fan of ZDP. If the Stretch in the G-10 format is well received, I have no problem making variations. We won't be using black Nishijin until we use up the ton of blue that we made. I'll see if I can convince my staff to double up on the order and make a carbon fiber (buffed regular CF). Anybody else interested in a buffed CF version?

sal
Thanks sal, and sorry for coming late to the party. I'm not a fan of brown at all, but would definitely pick up a buffed CF Stretch, especially if it had a ZDP-189 blade. My current favorite Spydie is still my Stretch CF w/ZDP.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder: