Is there anyone here who remembers me?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Welcome back
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

Sorry, I have a hard time with names, but it's good to see a long lost sheep coming back to the fold.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Not very active these days, but I remember you. :spyder:
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

I remember you, and I have been estranged from the forums for some time as well! I just dropped in to look at new stuff and see what's shaking around these parts!

I wonder what Meat Tests I have missed? :cool:

Cheers!

VWTattoo
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

SpyderNut: Java never was OK - but he be hiding out on the Left Coast roasting home brew and chasing electrons around the flight research center. Good to see you and silverback still hanging in there.

Just "imported" some Robusta from DaLat in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Lookin' to set up some "distribution" among my former connections. It's been a while since you've snorted some fresh Java's java. Can I get you hooked.....I mean hook you up again? :)

[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... ection.jpg[/img][/IMG]
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

java wrote:SpyderNut: Java never was OK...

...Just "imported" some Robusta...
Dang java,

Welcome back from your two year hiatus!

Can I stop by fora cupa Robusta?

Ian
"Don't tempt me, I'll do a sprint run of it!" -Eric
"We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
WTC #1398 Bless their souls
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

The Rancilio is hot wired and ready anytime, Ian!

**** I even have a spare Gaggia Baby Class on the back burner here at the Armstrong lab ready to launch on a moment's notice.
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

java wrote:... Rancilio... ... Gaggia Baby Class ...
The difference 'between you and me:
You - connoisseur - quality product made in quality products
Me - addict - product purchased in back alleys injected with dirty needles

Isn't it good to be back? I was gone from January 2012 to April of this year, silly me.

Ian
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Silverback, good to have you back 'm still here but since I became a part of Spyderco, I don't join the discussions much anymore. I tend to stay in the back ground and just listen and see what the discussions are.
Well, now that you are back, which teams do you think will play the finals in the soccer world cup in a few days time???? :)
Stick around and have FUN!
Jurphaas. :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

Jurphaas wrote:Hi Silverback...
Jurphaas. :)
Jur,
Sorry to say Silverback apparently hasn't been on since September of last year, or at least hasn't logged in since then.

java resurrected this thread when he wandered back onto the reservation this morning.

Good to 'hear' from you though. I understand the reasons for keeping a low profile now that you are on the inside looking out. But it is good to know you are keeping up with what goes on here.

Ian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

java wrote:SpyderNut: Java never was OK - but he be hiding out on the Left Coast roasting home brew and chasing electrons around the flight research center. Good to see you and silverback still hanging in there.

Just "imported" some Robusta from DaLat in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Lookin' to set up some "distribution" among my former connections. It's been a while since you've snorted some fresh Java's java. Can I get you hooked.....I mean hook you up again? :)

[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... ection.jpg[/img][/IMG]
Hey brother Java!! It's really great to see you again, my friend! I tend to get all misty-eyed when I see good folks like you pop back into the Brother/Sisterhood of the Spyder. :) :D Kind of a blast from the past, eh? ;) How the heck have you been (besides *ahem* distributing your new cache of potent cocoa beans)? ;)

All the best,

Michael

P.S. By the way, I'd love to try some of your new brew! After one cup of that, I have a feeling I won't need to sleep for at least eight days. ;) :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JD Spydo

Silverback: Mid 2000s member

Post by JD Spydo »

Yes Indeed SILVERBACK I do remember you. I can't forget any of the Brothers who helped fuel the Big Hawkbill thread when it was going good ( Now's The Time: For A New Hawkbill :cool :) . I even made a list of everyone who was on it.

Back around the mid 2000s you chimed in on quite a few of the good/classic threads. Welcome back
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
timlara

Post by timlara »

Welcome back, silverback! I remember you!

I drifted away from the forums for a while too, though I never stopped carrying Spydies of course. Now I'm back full time. I've never been a very active poster, but I always enjoy following the discussions and learning new things.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Oops,hehe never mind...
silverback

Post by silverback »

Who would have thought that this thread is a zombie and attract all the other undead? :D

OK, I was away again for a while. Just bought a CF Lum Chinese and titanium damascus Delica.
Let's try to keep me on the forum for a bit longer this time! :)
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

silverback wrote:Who would have thought that this thread is a zombie and attract all the other undead? :D

OK, I was away again for a while. Just bought a CF Lum Chinese and titanium damascus Delica.
Let's try to keep me on the forum for a bit longer this time! :)
Nicely done--especially with the CF Lum! :D All these new models are bound to keep you front and center here. ;) I have the older gunmetal variation of the Folder, but I've recently had a hankering for the Sprint Run Chinese Folder in ZDP-189. Sigh. Shoulda' jumped on getting one when they were still around...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Do you remember me? Maybe I was of here then. Welcome back!!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”