Larger Sized Spyderco Nautical Knife in the works?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
scout

Post by scout »

A two bladed knife would be very good. I always carried two knives on me. Manila, nylon and polypro line all respond differently to different steels and grind configurations. As knife steels have progressed over the years, I find myself carrying more plain edged cutlery. A serrated blade is used mostly for polypro and nylon webbing. I really like the plain edged tip idea.
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

scout wrote:Yes! I would use it more often for loosening salty old knots, opening paint cans and opening shackles. When I first joined the Navy, the older guys all carried Buck 110's. 110's had very fine tips and were prone to break with even the least amount of prying. The marlinespikes were used for anything else.

Sounds like me during my days in the Coast Guard. Opening paint cans and using it on shackles were the top two uses. I was a Gerber sailor back in the day. We would use large marlin spikes to tighten or loosen turnbuckles.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I would love a stand alone marlin spike to go with my Jumpmaster. I think that combo would be brilliant!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]