What is the deal with poor availability of Para Military 2's poor availability?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
akapennypincher

What is the deal with poor availability of Para Military 2's poor availability?

Post by akapennypincher »

I have been looking for a Para 2 for a decent price for about three months, it appears Spyderco is not producing em.

I am on the notification life with both Midway & BladeHq. Some others dealer I have not bothered with want a per order, and I don't want to pre pay, and wait for something that may never get delivered?

Anyone know the real scoop on why PM2's are not in the pipeline.

BTW I want Black Handle n Black Blade.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Put simply, the PM2 is insanely popular--and so consequently, it is in high demand. As I understand, Spyderco's Golden facility is doing its best to keep up with the demand. About a month ago, I saw Howe's sell 20 "basic" black on satin (S30V) PM2's in one weekend. Best thing to do is to check out the online retailers on a daily basis and wait for the stock to come in. That's how I was able to buy mine about a two months ago.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It's been this way for pretty much the last 4 years. It's just supply and demand. Golden is a relatively small facility trying to keep up with the huge demand for a great product at a great price. Just patiently stay on the lookout and you'll find one.
:bug-red-white
Holland

Post by Holland »

I would just watch bladeforums... they pop up all the time for decent prices. yesterday a lightly used one came up with an STR clip for $87
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Nate

Post by Nate »

In stock right now at Cutlery Shoppe... Hurry!
:spyder:
grewich

Post by grewich »

They're all over the dreaded eBay.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Two different places posted on Facebook about getting them in yesterday. Cutleryshoppe and I believe Knifeworks. CS has the version you're looking for and I believe KW has the plain versions with black G-10.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

With the PM2, it's a matter of there being a ridiculous demand for the knife. Every noobie knife guy does their research and finds the PM2 to be one of the most highly recommended knives out there so it's a 'must purchase' for them. It was for me and many others I'm aware of, at least. Spyderco has a lot of dealers, not just the popular online retailers. I asked a similar question about the Yojimbo 2, a knife I would think wouldn't have anywhere near the popularity of the PM2.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

They really aren't hard to find if you know where to look. Put in a preorder at knifeworks and be patient.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Nate

Post by Nate »

How about it PennyPincher? Did you buy one this time or what??? I don't think you'll find a better price than CS for one.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have never been charged for a preorder at knifeworks until the knife has arrived/shipped. No hold on my card or anything like that. Can't speak for other sites. I have only preordered a couple of knives though.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, black on black for $117 shipped is still available at CS. Better grab one!
:bug-red-white
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

gbelleh wrote:Yeah, black on black for $117 shipped is still available at CS. Better grab one!
No doubt! Get one before I do, lol.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

Apophis - Thanks so much for the heads up! I was able to order one just now.
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

Was able to snag one from Knifeworks too. Thanks everyone, I think... My wallet sure got lighter real fast this evening after reading this thread. :eek:
MatthewSB

Post by MatthewSB »

Apophis wrote:In stock right now at Cutlery Shoppe... Hurry!
Thanks for the heads up, I ordered one right after reading this and it shipped last night!

I've been waiting for months for one to come in...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

gbelleh wrote:Yeah, black on black for $117 shipped is still available at CS. Better grab one!
That's a **** good price with shipping included. Makes me laugh at those old threads full of panicking people paying $175 for them and swearing they'd never drop in price. If we let people gouge prices, they'll keep gouging prices. Patience is a virtue, and there are a LOT of other knives to choose from.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Nate

Post by Nate »

RamDreamer wrote:Apophis - Thanks so much for the heads up! I was able to order one just now.
Np! Thank the OP for asking the question, lol. I was trying to help out because he seems to be having a rough time...

ParaMilatary II No CAN FIND
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... o-CAN-FIND

Para Military history, or just back ordered?
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ck-ordered

Paramilitary II Price Check.
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... rice-Check

Para Military 2's unavailable?
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... navailable

and then this thread, What is the deal with poor availability of Para Military 2's poor availability?

The OP can start as many threads as he wants, no problem there. Just really, really hope he was able to snag one this time. In my mind at least, they've been available fairly consistently for a while now and there has been no shortage of leads thrown his way... :confused:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

It's just NOT THAT HARD to get one of these, if you actually want one and put a whisker of energy into it. ;)
morgaj1

Post by morgaj1 »

I am usually pretty savvy with internet shopping, but can't seem to locate a new PM2 from a reliable source.