Real or Fake Para 2 Blue?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BronislovasLTU

Real or Fake Para 2 Blue?

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Hi, one guy selling his Paramilitary 2 online on my location. He send me only this picture now. He says that he have box too. Its real or fake, how it looks? Maybe its custom scales of para2?

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Looks real enough from that pic, but certainly not stock scales though (perhaps off a M390 version or custom). If he's asking somewhere near $100, I'd say it's not worth it versus getting a verified one from a reputable dealer (although that does take patience). That one is certainly "used"! Good luck!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Did his ad mention a blade swap? I put my M390 blade in a camo para 2 and had a blue S30V para until I switched them back. How much is he asking?
Chumango

Post by Chumango »

Ask him what the code on the box is, that will say a lot about the provenance of the knife.
Nate

Post by Nate »

I would be very wary. The fakes are getting harder and harder to spot. The counterfeiters are also selling scales now, in many colors including blue. Hard to be sure what you're getting since it obviously isn't stock...
:spyder:
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Looks like a blade swap... which if he did would void warrenty.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Looks real enough from that pic, but certainly not stock scales though (perhaps off a M390 version or custom). If he's asking somewhere near $100, I'd say it's not worth it versus getting a verified one from a reputable dealer (although that does take patience). That one is certainly "used"! Good luck!
He wants about $160.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Other side.
ourgon

Post by ourgon »

It's fake. That guy is mistaken or is big *******.

Search on alieexpress "paramilitary blue".

And all fake PM2 have straight transition between choil and blade grind. In original is little vertical breakdown at the height of the cutting edge.
:spyder: Street Bowie
:spyder: Street Beat
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Starmate 440V
:spyder: Police SS
:spyder: Endura IV FG
:spyder: ClipiTool
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

ourgon wrote:It's fake. That guy is mistaken or is big *******.

And all fake PM2 have straight transition between choil and blade grind. In original is little vertical breakdown at the height of the cutting edge.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you sound very certain of yourself. I'm not an authority to say whether it's fake or real, but I'm fairly positive that blade steel was never offered with that color handle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

As an owner of a blue M390 bento box shop exclusive para2, that looks like the color and texture of that Para2's handles. As said above though, that was an exclusive to Bento in M390, so really no matter how you slice it (pun intended) that isn't a factory knife and I would NOT buy it..... let alone for 160$.

Given that it is a knife someone else fumbled with, which means it never passed QC and may not fit together and operate properly, if it were a genuine Spyderco S30v blade and Bento handle, I'd value it at roughly 60$. That is of course IF it is genuine. Whether or not you want to take the risk is up to you.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Regardless, if it's real you are considering to pay $60 more than NEW retail price for a knife without a warranty since it's been disassembled/reassembled by a non-Spyderco employee. Kinda silly, IMHO.

Unless he has receipts and documentation from a Spydie dealer and known modder.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Well, this seller said that he'is not first owner of this knife. He just received/buyed this knife from other guy in this condition.

Yes I checked aliexpress and its enough horrible then they serve now delica or endura with emerson, southard, police 3 (not sure, blade little different) and now caly3...
ourgon

Post by ourgon »

Jay_Ev wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong, but you sound very certain of yourself. I'm not an authority to say whether it's fake or real, but I'm fairly positive that blade steel was never offered with that color handle.
Well, I'm sure that's fake. I can honestly say that I've seen dozens or hundreds pieces of original PM2 - in reality, on pictures, in youtube videos (on youtube you have dozens of comparison videos). And I've seen dozens of fakes. And I've original PM2, my second piece. That blue PM2 is fake.

Fake:
- detail near choil is straight, without that little breakdown
- another G-10 facture ( people who make comparison videos are saying that G-10 in fake is similar to G-10 in Tenacious)
- another pocket clip finish - in original is very polished, in fake is satin
- another screws finish - in original screws are more shiny
- another pocket clip curves - if seen from above, in fake is bigger space between clip and handle on section where is spyder logo.
- another finish of G-10 near CL - in original is nicely rounded, in fake is edgy
- sometimes worse finish of G-10 near screws - like on pictures

I wouldn't buy it, if you want - it's your deal.

[video=youtube;lrgesqFA_Ko]https://youtu.be/lrgesqFA_Ko[/video]
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

[video=youtube;uBxFv25--AI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBxFv25--AI[/video]

Hm, looks like chinese geting closer and closer.
ourgon

Post by ourgon »

I see that fake has that little breakdown on blade near choil, but you can easily see that's fake because other details.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Thank you guys, I almost thinking of buying this knife before few weeks. You save me.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

ourgon wrote:It's fake. That guy is mistaken or is big *******.

Very nice! Good save.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

The price you pay in the USA is not what we in the rest of the world pay.
What would you pay for a new para in Lithuania BronislovasLTU ?
O.
cckw

Post by cckw »

There are many collectible items faked in Eastern Europe. The fakes of everything get better and better. Hopefully you can find and American dealer that will ship to you so you don't have to risk this stuff.