Best Spyderco Use Yet!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Congratulations, it is a great way to use a special knife! You'll never look at that knife again without remembering that special moment.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Congratulations!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

Jaypowell - don't just joke, do it!! It was an amazing moment and if you are into knives and spyderco in particular enough to be on the forums then it is an opportunity not to be missed.

One thing this thread has made me consider is that I wish there was one offering from Spyderco that had that old style hand down style to it. While I am quite assured that all of my spydies will last a lifetime, if love to have just one with those classic aesthetics. Maybe a post for a new thread...or a request for Sal. Something along the lines of UKPK with carbon blade, wood handle and brass bolsters. Any takers?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Congratulations! I would have used the proper tool but that's me. :)
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

What's more proper for cutting human tissue, it's not an incision that has to be re-sewn... There's nothing at all special about the scissors they use to cut the umbilical cord. My wife is also expecting very soon and I'm not sure I'll get the chance since it's a c-section but I'll be ready and inquiring!
sal

Post by sal »

Congratulations and thanx much for the honor.

sal
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Drahkis wrote:What's more proper for cutting human tissue, it's not an incision that has to be re-sewn... There's nothing at all special about the scissors they use to cut the umbailical cord. My wife is also expecting very soon and I'm not sure I'll get the chance since it's a c-section but I'll be ready and inquiring!
As I said proper tool. I don't see a pocket knife included as a surgical instrument.

You can also use your knife to pry. I prefer not using mine to pry with.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Congratulations, what a great story!

Drakhis, in reference to the c-section, both my kids were born that way and while the doc does cut the cord initially, mine did so with ample length still connected (a good foot or more) and then gave me the opportunity to cut it closer when they brought the babies from out behind the shroud to weigh him/her, etc. I wasn't a Spyderco lover at the time, but I would have definitely jumped at the chance to use mine! It may differ for your situation, but never hurts to ask!

Congrats again!! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

Jmotley wrote:Jaypowell - don't just joke, do it!! It was an amazing moment and if you are into knives and spyderco in particular enough to be on the forums then it is an opportunity not to be missed.

One thing this thread has made me consider is that I wish there was one offering from Spyderco that had that old style hand down style to it. While I am quite assured that all of my spydies will last a lifetime, if love to have just one with those classic aesthetics. Maybe a post for a new thread...or a request for Sal. Something along the lines of UKPK with carbon blade, wood handle and brass bolsters. Any takers?
I will try to work on it again. Maybe I can convince her into letting me use the Gayle Bradley she got me for our one year anniversary.