PM2 article

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm on a serious PM2 kick right now. The CTS-204P exclusive is what did me in. For some reason the laminate cf version I got before it didn't rock my world as much. After that I went to Golden and snagged a DLC version to replace the one I sold months ago. I had a satin camo version but decided to spread the love and gave it to my older brother. He absolutely loves it. I sharpened it up on the edge pro and he still marvels at how sharp it is. The S30V steel was a nice upgrade from the 8Cr13Mov on his Tenacious. I've got my eye on BBS for the blue M390. All I do is wait, I swear...
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Ned

Post by Ned »

I check BBS about 2-3 times a week...sad thing is if they pop right after I check they will probably be gone by the time I check again. :rolleyes:
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The Para 2 is my favorite knife. Sure the handle to blade ratio is not excellent but we are all Spyderco fans here and handle to blade ratio is not all that great on many of the models. It just fits my hand like a glove, has a terrific blade shape, is light weight, has a terrific lock, cost $108, is super smooth and comes in camo which I love.
bearfacedkiller

HorserloverFat wrote:I wish that I could locate one with DLC at a reasonable price...
Put your preorder in at knifeworks and wait. You'll get it in no time.

I carry these two knives together a lot and absolutely love them. I put a black clip on my para2 and now it's perfect.

Why does the satin camo military come with a black clip but the satin camo para2 comes with a silver clip? Oh well, I swapped it out.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Black clip to match black blade. Polished clip to match satin blade. Also matches all the hardware.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

One part of the article that I wholeheartedly agree with is that I too would like to see a PM2 with 3V steel and a hi-vis handle color.
JBE

Post by JBE »

Ankerson wrote:Yeah, I saw that...... ROFL

That dude is a moron..... And has no clue....
I don't think he's a moron...

Obvious troll is obvious....

Don't feed 'em.... ;)
Jason
bearfacedkiller

Liquid Cobra wrote:Black clip to match black blade. Polished clip to match satin blade. Also matches all the hardware.
The satin camo military comes with a black clip but the satin camo para2 comes with a silver clip. Not talking about black blade models.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bearfacedkiller wrote:The satin camo military comes with a black clip but the satin camo para2 comes with a silver clip. Not talking about black blade models.
Ok I see what you mean. Yeah that's weird. I prefer the clip to match the blade I guess so doesn't bother me.

@liquid_cobra
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I always prefer a black clip on a carry knife too. But, I make an exception for Para 2 sprints.
:bug-red-white