PM2 article

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

PM2 article

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Here's a pretty good article on the Para-Military 2 phenomenon. The author seems to really like them :)

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/05/26/pa ... Newsletter
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Here's a pretty good article on the Para-Military 2 phenomenon. The author seems to really like them :)

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/05/26/pa ... Newsletter
I already replied to the first comment left earlier this morning. Didn't really feel like arguing with the other person so I let his comment ride. Fairly good article.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

xceptnl wrote:I already replied to the first comment left earlier this morning. Didn't really feel like arguing with the other person so I let his comment ride. Fairly good article.
Yeah, I saw that...... ROFL

That dude is a moron..... And has no clue....
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Ankerson wrote:Yeah, I saw that...... ROFL

That dude is a moron..... And has no clue....
I tried to approach it in a neutral manner, but he (she) wasn't having any of it. Noting could ever be better than the performance he is currently experiencing. His 1970's something automobile is still at the pinnacle of motor vehicle technology as well! :rolleyes:
*Landon*
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

xceptnl wrote:I tried to approach it in a neutral manner, but he (she) wasn't having any of it. Noting could ever be better than the performance he is currently experiencing. His 1970's something automobile is still at the pinnacle of motor vehicle technology as well! :rolleyes:
Well some people are hard headed....

You know how that is... :D

I have been TESTING knives since the 1970's and I can say things have gotten much better overall.
LC Kid

Epic Idiot

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

If that idiot is going to argue about a Para2 just because his 'rational priced knives have the same quality' is just a silly waste of time to even comment it.

I don't like to say it this way, but I Hate Cheap People.
:cool: Because Cheap People do Think Cheap.

And Cheap Thinking is going to Take You Nowhere.
:rolleyes:
Stay Sharp!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

LC Kid wrote:Hi Folks!

If that idiot is going to argue about a Para2 just because his 'rational priced knives have the same quality' is just a silly waste of time to even comment it.

I don't like to say it this way, but I Hate Cheap People.
:cool: Because Cheap People do Think Cheap.

And Cheap Thinking is going to Take You Nowhere.
:rolleyes:
Well the highest performing production folder on the Market right now is the S110V Manix 2 hands down, nothing else is even close to it and it's right around $100.

Spyderco got the HT dead spot on.....
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Thinking cheap is often quite wise because companies try to sell you more expensive versions of things that are no better than the base (not always, but much of the time). There are tons of inexpensive knives that perform at a high level. The poster being spoken about isn't well versed on the differences of steels, heat treats, edge geometries and the like, is what I would assume. There are plenty of expensive knives that are junk performance-wise and people have the right to be skeptical.

Good engineering means less cost and more performance. Nothin' cheap about it.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Ankerson wrote:Well some people are hard headed....

You know how that is... :D

I have been TESTING knives since the 1970's and I can say things have gotten much better overall.
Testing is only done by flipping open your knife repeatedly on Instagram or Youtube, you're doing it wrong.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Cujobob wrote:Thinking cheap is often quite wise because companies try to sell you more expensive versions of things that are no better than the base (not always, but much of the time). There are tons of inexpensive knives that perform at a high level. The poster being spoken about isn't well versed on the differences of steels, heat treats, edge geometries and the like, is what I would assume. There are plenty of expensive knives that are junk performance-wise and people have the right to be skeptical.

Good engineering means less cost and more performance. Nothin' cheap about it.
I agree with everything you are saying. He was obviously less informed and likely a bit skeptical as well. Plenty of trends out there that are carefully designed to sell more knives. In no way did I try to imply that a knife's quality is directly related to the sticker price, but apparently he/she "don't care how good it is supposed to be."
*Landon*
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

Ankerson wrote:That dude is a moron..... And has no clue....
More gems found in comments by this 'gentleman'-

"It's the only lock I trust on a folder."
"I EDC 2 Leathermans. I don't carry any other knife."
"I don't like folders very much anyway, but the ones I have had & used in the past, the liner or frame locks have been the most unreliable."
"I couldn't care less weather my wife like's the money I spend on gear. She doesn't know anything about what's good or not and is not the least bit intrested. She waist a lot of money on stupid stuff."

'nuff said.

R7
"Don't tempt me, I'll do a sprint run of it!" -Eric
"We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
WTC #1398 Bless their souls
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

rescueseven wrote:More gems found in comments by this 'gentleman'-

"It's the only lock I trust on a folder."
"I EDC 2 Leathermans. I don't carry any other knife."
"I don't like folders very much anyway, but the ones I have had & used in the past, the liner or frame locks have been the most unreliable."
"I couldn't care less weather my wife like's the money I spend on gear. She doesn't know anything about what's good or not and is not the least bit intrested. She waist a lot of money on stupid stuff."

'nuff said.

R7
Wow, hadn't checked his other comments. He is full of precious pearls of wisdom.
*Landon*
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I'm sure he loves his 420HC.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

To each his own. Doesn't seem worth arguing about to me.
:bug-red-white
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Cujobob wrote:Testing is only done by flipping open your knife repeatedly on Instagram or Youtube, you're doing it wrong.
Yeah I guess so.... LOL :D
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

I wish that I could locate one with DLC at a reasonable price...
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Thanks for posting
Therealtwitch

Post by Therealtwitch »

I like the way it ended. Red handle 3v... I'd buy that!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I personally don't love the PM2, and find no fault in others who don't IF they express why not. For a business casual EDC, it is a bit handle large and my C3.5 basically equals the cutting length with a deep wire clip and small handle. Also the PM2 closes all guillotine style and I am a hopelessly clumsy bastard. I need my fingers and fully accept the lock as great one that I am personally better off without. I just do better with lock backs. The good news is this means at least one extra PM2 for you dudes when one drops. I had in my possession for 4 days the CF 154/s90v PM2 and let it ride on to a more worthy owner. I will grab a Lil Temp when they come back though.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

twinboysdad wrote:I personally don't love the PM2, and find no fault in others who don't IF they express why not. For a business casual EDC, it is a bit handle large and my C3.5 basically equals the cutting length with a deep wire clip and small handle. Also the PM2 closes all guillotine style and I am a hopelessly clumsy bastard. I need my fingers and fully accept the lock as great one that I am personally better off without. I just do better with lock backs. The good news is this means at least one extra PM2 for you dudes when one drops. I had in my possession for 4 days the CF 154/s90v PM2 and let it ride on to a more worthy owner. I will grab a Lil Temp when they come back though.
I was the first to respond to the comment this morning and I only made the statement because it was one of those, you don't know what you are missing situations. I still say the PM2 and M2 are the most value for your dollar in the lineup. That said, it is not in my top 10.
*Landon*