Should I really buy a Sebenza?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Thanks everyone for the tips

I decided to go for a mint condition one from the forums
small insingo with the micarta inlays
worst case, if I end up not liking it, I think I should be able to sell it for the same price.

Thanks again!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If they'd made an Insingo in a steel I like, I'd probably save up and buy one. Otherwise I'm happy with a Southard for half the price.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Leon wrote:Thanks everyone for the tips

I decided to go for a mint condition one from the forums
small insingo with the micarta inlays
worst case, if I end up not liking it, I think I should be able to sell it for the same price.

Thanks again!
Great choice. You should be able to return your investment if you don't like it.
Evil D wrote:If they'd made an Insingo in a steel I like, I'd probably save up and buy one. Otherwise I'm happy with a Southard for half the price.
I love the Insingo, but the steel was why I never purchased one.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Good, choice! nothing lost if you don't like it there are always lots of buyers for that model and they always go for a good dollar. It will be interesting to here what you think.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Good choice - there's little or no downside. The best way to figure out if it agrees with you or not is to actually handle it for a while. Reading other people's comments can only get you so far. :)
Ned

Post by Ned »

MadRookie wrote:...I just hate thumb studs......but that's me.....

:)
Me too...I just hates em..!!!
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MadRookie wrote:...I just hate thumb studs......but that's me.....

:)

Yeah, with as much technology as these knives have in them, the design could be changed so that the thumb studs at least double as stop pins and mate up flush with the handle when open. Nothing bums me out like thumb studs snagging on a slicing cut or getting in the way when I'm sharpening.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:Yeah, with as much technology as these knives have in them, the design could be changed so that the thumb studs at least double as stop pins and mate up flush with the handle when open. Nothing bums me out like thumb studs snagging on a slicing cut or getting in the way when I'm sharpening.
I purchased an Umnumzaan before my first Sebenza. I liked the used of the studs as stop pins.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
garymalette

Re: Should I really buy a Sebenza?

Post by garymalette »

love spyderco, have a collection but lately the CRK are really tempting me. too bad they cost an arm and a leg (especially in canada)...my thing is 'i love knives with exotic wood inlays' and CRK have some really nice ones and unfortunately spyderco 'discontinued their 'wood inlay' folders...as far as i can see on their catalogue site anyway?...too bad! but i'll still be buying spyderco's!....(and maybe if someone leaves me an inheritance i'll get 2 or 3 CRK..lol!)