Native 5 with carbon fiber and S110V

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I need a new Native5 too
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

bh49 wrote:I need a new Native5 too
Me three. ;) But just one... :spyder:
Holland

Post by Holland »

lol :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I'm with you. I've been thinking of modding another standard version with Cuscadi scales (to finally get an orange one!). Seeing this thread pop up every now and again gets me very excited but this is getting to be like the wait for the first batch of green PM2's (or worse the MT14). Hopefully soon! Also excited for the lightweight version too!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

Does this mean what I think it does?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Native ... 4ad56eba69
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Awesome.

Finally. :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

That's a very handsome knife. A must have for me.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Also excited for the lightweight version too!
I will buy LW only if it will have the steel, which I didn't use yet. Regular S35VN will be around $70-$80. I saw g10 lightly used for the same money.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

bh49

Post by bh49 »

Bladewacked wrote:Does this mean what I think it does?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Native ... 4ad56eba69
Interesting.
BTW, this is known seller, but this is the first time I see him/her selling the knife, which is just out.

Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

bh49 wrote:Interesting.
BTW, this is known seller, but this is the first time I see him/her selling the knife, which is just out.
I recognize the seller. This is the first Native 5 cf I have seen for sale anywhere. I love it and want one bad.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I thought the Spyderco Web site, not eBay, was where new releases are announced. The CF S110V Native5 is not yet listed either in the online Catalog or under New Products. Why are some here are putting stock in an (known) eBay seller? Have I missed something?
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
bh49

Post by bh49 »

There were more than once that Spyderco would make an announcement, when everybody, who was interested already had knives. :eek:
Also there were some "for sale" adds on e-bay for "hot" knives, which were just "bs". This is reputable seller, but mostly I saw him (or her) selling older knives, some of them were "one of the kind" like D2 para and mily with the edge other than PE. Before that only Spydutch was known as the owner of such knives made by Sal specially for him. So there were more than one.
I hope to see my CF NativeS110V soon.

Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Why is that under "Inventors and Geniuses" category? It looks real, but why would the first one appear on ebay?
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Well, it was rumored to be out May this year thats what GP said.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Strong-Dog wrote:Why is that under "Inventors and Geniuses" category? It looks real, but why would the first one appear on ebay?
The first ones often appear on eBay because the CC knives often ship first. However, I don't see a CC number on that blade.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

wrdwrght wrote:I thought the Spyderco Web site, not eBay, was where new releases are announced. The CF S110V Native5 is not yet listed either in the online Catalog or under New Products. Why are some here are putting stock in an (known) eBay seller? Have I missed something?
Spyderco doesn't always update in a timely manner. For example, the Battlestation is already in a bunch of people's hands and there are pictures here in the forum, but it still isn't on Spyderco's site. I also received my Super Blue Manbug the other day and it's not listed yet either.

Look at the New Product Announcements sub-forum. There hasn't been a new announcement in there since 2012!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Item location:
Golden, Colorado, United States
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

It feels like they will ship soon.I have been ready since April of last year.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

jabba359 wrote:Spyderco doesn't always update in a timely manner. For example, the Battlestation is already in a bunch of people's hands and there are pictures here in the forum, but it still isn't on Spyderco's site. I also received my Super Blue Manbug the other day and it's not listed yet either.

Look at the New Product Announcements sub-forum. There hasn't been a new announcement in there since 2012!
Telling observations. Thanks. I certainly hope where there's smoke there's fire!
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Can anyone confirm it is legit? I can't wait for this one to come out.