What is the most worn-down Spyderco you've used or seen?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

What is the most worn-down Spyderco you've used or seen?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Every now and then I have seen old butcher's knives that are literally so used to cut meats that the blade has been resharpened so many times, it is worn down to literally a thin strip of steel. I know many nowadays would likely get rid of such and turn to a new blade at that point.

But has anyone here ever used a Spyderco knife or seen a Spyderco knife that has been used so much so, and resharpened so much so, that the main body of the blade steel is worn down to a mere fraction of what it was when new?
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I've seen some Police models on eBay that were serrated at one point, but had been sharpened down to toothpicks. Can't say I've seen one in person that bad though.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

The worst worn Spydies I've seen are those which the Not-Precisely-Brilliant owner decided to use like an Ice Pick.
:rolleyes: Also, those guys seems to prefer to use an old rough brick as a water stone sharpener...
Stay Sharp!
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Many. I witnessed a Micarta Dyad Jr that the PE blade was sharpened so much on something electricly powered that the tip was proud of the handle. I have purchased badly damaged Spyderco's in the past and repaired them to a usable status. Some of my favorite knives to use are the ones I rescued from the scap heap.

SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dewildeman

Post by dewildeman »

I once saw a Rescue that the serrations were almost worn flat from use. I regret not spending the $15 they had marked on in. AUS8 if I remember correctly.