super blue dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Ugh, late again. I did the same thing with the Ladybug. Waited too long and bought it on Bento box... Anyone got a line on in stock SB D'flies that aren't at Spentoomox?
dbcad wrote:Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance;)

Enjoy your edges folks:)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I first found out about bentobox when the Manix2 with M4 came out. They were the only ones to have it. I noticed right away the older and/or discontinued Spydercos they had were very expensive. Since then I have wondered how much the M4 Manix2 would have been if someone else had been the ones to get the exclusive on that knife. Not complaining, it is a great knife. Just thinking.

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Got my super blue Dragonfly 2. :D

I've gotten little thank you gifts from dealers before. CS give suckers for example. This is a new one for me.

I have a bandaid on now for a little kiss from the Stretch so I may need them. :)

Jack
kenspen

Post by kenspen »

Ordered from National Knives this morning and just received a shipping notification from them. USPS tracking shows delivery scheduled for Tuesday!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

kenspen wrote:Ordered from National Knives this morning and just received a shipping notification from them. USPS tracking shows delivery scheduled for Tuesday!
They are fast. I ordered mine on Thursday morning and got it today. Throwing a Sunday in the middle will cost you a day I guess. :)

Jack
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Those darn Sundays will get you Everytime lol . Cost me a day also but ordering late Friday night and I'm still scheduled to get my SB Endura Monday isn't to bad at all .
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

jackknifeh wrote:Got my super blue Dragonfly 2. :D

I've gotten little thank you gifts from dealers before. CS give suckers for example. This is a new one for me.

I have a bandaid on now for a little kiss from the Stretch so I may need them. :)

Jack
Cool I got the same Band-Aid thing its cool, Howes also sent me some nice things. A first for me.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

I have been assuming that much like the Delica and Endura previously that the initial batch of these would sell out but in a couple of weeks this would be fairly easy to get. Is that untrue on the Dfly? Is it more popular?
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

It's hard to say but I believe the Dragon fly is a run of only 600 and the Endura is 1200 . But I'm sure marketing will be the same as far as sold in batches instead of all at once until there gone .
araneae

Post by araneae »

Rwb1500 wrote:Ugh, late again. I did the same thing with the Ladybug. Waited too long and bought it on Bento box... Anyone got a line on in stock SB D'flies that aren't at Spentoomox?
I'm in the same boat. I've been super busy lately and missed this guy hitting the shelves. Hopefully more will turn up. No way I will pay bento prices for it. I really was holding out for the Dfly too passing on the others in the series. I will definitely have to be more mindful and grab a Manbug if I can't find a Dfly.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

All the sb sprints in frn r 1200 runs
:spyder: delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military:spyder:
JAfromMN wrote:My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Of these SB grey FRN sprints I have no idea which is most popular but I got a Stretch 2 or 3 weeks ago and they were released earlier. Are any that have been released already completely gone from normal places? I doubt if the D'fly's will be completely gone right away. Could be wrong. If Iwould have thought about it I wouldn't have canx my pre-order with KC when I got one elsewhere. I could have gone ahead and gotten the pre-ordered one when available for someone else. My exact cost. I don't think that counts as offering to sell since I already canx the order but it's a thought. Either way, I think there will still be time to get one. I am speaking from compete ignorance of course. :)

Jack
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

These Japanese sprints usually come in batches. There should be more coming over the next weeks. But don't wait too long.
:bug-red-white
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

jackknifeh wrote: I've gotten little thank you gifts from dealers before. CS give suckers for example. This is a new one for me.

Jack
I've always thought it was cute getting bandaids in the box with the knife from NG :) .

My SB Dragonfly from Howe's came with a Spyderco bag (like the kind they hand out at trade shows to carry around your swag) and a "survival whistle" with a compass built in. One order from Howe's came with a very nice padded case thrown in as a freebie.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

Anyone hear from KW yet? Called on Friday. No word on when they are getting them or if my preorder has me covered. Keeping my eyes peeled for others to come in stock but no dice yet
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

These staggered sprint shipments are killer. Or maybe spyderco doesn't like Kw lol
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

LoL Naw I think there shipments are like that for all dealers for sprint runs .
I would hope :eek: :D
Donut

Post by Donut »

As far as I know, it's only with the Seki City sprint runs. I'm not sure why it is.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
mehhhhhhhh

Post by mehhhhhhhh »

I've been checking the standard dealers daily. Still no luck, I can't wait for this one. Any online sightings out there?
kenspen

Post by kenspen »

They're showing up on Ebay already - premium pricing.