Which 2014 models have you set your sights on?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Holland

Post by Holland »

SB dragonfly, and the chaparral 4 if they release it soon. May buy the chaparral 3 if I find a really good deal
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

Worker....and maybe an S110V Manix if I can find one!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Prospero wrote:Worker....and maybe an S110V Manix if I can find one!
Being a production knife, I'm sure you'll manage a S110V Manix before we ring in 2015!
nccole

Post by nccole »

Rubicon and Dog Tag mainly. Maybe a PITS. If it were SS and not Ti, thus being much cheaper, I would for sure pick it up to have a one and only slippie. As is it may be a bit expensive. The K2 looks awesome, but may prove to be a bit too big/heavy for my taste, we will see.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I'll reiterate the unanswered question from my original post because I fear it has become lost. Has there been any mention of when we can expect the Battlestation that I've missed, or is it anyone's guess?
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'll reiterate the unanswered question from my original post because I fear it has become lost. Has there been any mention of when we can expect the Battlestation that I've missed, or is it anyone's guess?
My guess is that it's anyone's guess. I don't even know if Sal could give you a decently accurate estimate of an ETA. BTW, When I saw the Battlestation in the catalog my eyes popped out. My personal guess is it will not be released until late this year (maybe into next year). Gut guess, nothing more. I have a theory why we don't get specific ETA's. A few years ago a knife company put out a ETA on a new model. Pre-order offers went out and suddenly they claimed they couldn't meet the ETA and also meet the quality they demanded and promised. That's what they said. Several months later (6 or more) the knife was released. In this case they had changed the promised blade steel of VG-1 (similar to VG-10 I read) to AUS-8A. When they did release the knife it still didn't meet the quality they promised (or I expected). I bought one. Anyway, promising a specific ETA was embarassing to that company I think. So I don't think Spyderco worries about this because they don't release a specific ETA until they know they can deliver. Even when they do give an ETA the window is big. For the record, this is my theory. I came up with it all by myself. So the accuracy of my theory (thought really :) ) is questionable. :) But, my eyes are open for the Battlestation. It will be a normal production model so it won't be like worrying about missing out on a sprint so that's good.

Jack
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I'm just curious...there are some rough ETA's for some of the models coming out this summer, and like you I expect it will probably be later in the year. I just want one more and more every time I look at that picture haha.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'm just curious...there are some rough ETA's for some of the models coming out this summer, and like you I expect it will probably be later in the year. I just want one more and more every time I look at that picture haha.
THAT's why they print those "gittin books". :) Add those pictures to the conversations we have here and hearing someone say "HEY, I just go a new knife!" and we are HOOKED. And when it comes to money, whatever you say to wife, NEVER make this statement. "You can't buy that purse dear, I just bought two new knives". BIG TROUBLE! :D

Jack
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Manix S110V and Native 5 Ltwt are my primary two.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
zidfeldts

Post by zidfeldts »

Just got my Manix S110V in the mail.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Mid year supplement catalog coming soon? Or is that after the summer?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Mid year supplement catalog coming soon? Or is that after the summer?
Great question. I think it should be soon.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Actually I rather need time to use the ones I have more than a new knife, but whichever new Mule Team blade, the S110V Manix LW and Native5 LW are more than just tempting!
elqfaltaba

Post by elqfaltaba »

Kiwi 4, the perfect Wharncliffe (excluding Scagel Fruitport)
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

^^^ Kiwi 4 ^^^

Pretty awesome upgrade of the legendary Kiwi
:D
Stay Sharp!
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Kiwi 4. On the fence about the Frontier...
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
_centurio_

Post by _centurio_ »

Manix S110V and Spy DK orange. I can't wait until the Manix is available in European shops :( I can't wait...
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

Has there been any mention when the new Worker will hit the streets?
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I'm really interested in the mid-year supplement.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

For the last two years at least, the mid-year supplements came out in mid to end of May, so hopefully very soon!!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King