Spyderco ENuff and Tek lok

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jim Malone

Spyderco ENuff and Tek lok

Post by Jim Malone »

Does anyone know if the new Enuff Salt's shaeth is compatible with a Tek lok belt clip?
I want to fix the Enuff to my PFD but i need a belt clip for a wide belt.
The provided belt clip is too small.

Thx
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Don't have an Enuff, so I can't say for certain that its sheath is not a special case, but on every G clip equipped Spyderco sheath I own the G-clip's hole spacing is the same as that of a small Tek-Lok. The hardware isn't always interchangeable, but I'd assume your Tek-Lok would have its own.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Anyone with experience with the Enuff and a large Tek Lok?
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Nope. I have been keeping my eye on one though... I can only resist for so long.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

Just a suggestion from a whitewater kayaker with at least 30 years experience: why not just use para cord through the eyelets of the sheath for attachment, instead of some kind of clip? You can get a flatter lie on the PFD, plus attach to shoulder strap, lash tab, or chest adjustment webbing; anywhere you want with whatever orientation. Makes more sense to me.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Jim:

The hole pattern for the G-Clip is based on the spacing of the small Tek-Lok. Both their holes are 1-inch center-to-center. Large Tek-Loks ate 1.5-inches center-to-center.

The Enuff sheath includes three "unlined" holes per side for attachment of the G-Clip. This allows the sheath to be carried either high-ride or low-ride and also provides additional versatility when configured for canted or horizontal carry. Although the 1-inch spacing of those holes does not support the use of large Tek-Loks, if you consider the unlined mounting holes AND the grommets that secure the two halves of the sheath together, there is some good news. The center-to-center distance from mounting hole to grommet is 1.5 inches and would technically work with a large Tek-Lok. Even though the internal diameter of the grommet (.178-inch) is smaller than the outside diameter of the Chicago screw post that accompanies Tek-Loks (.203-inch), you should still be able to make it work. Tek-Loks typically accept the Chicago screw posts and the 8-32 screw passes through the sheath. The outside diameter of the 8-32 screw is only .160-inch, so it fits through the grommet without a problem.

If you use one purpose-designed mounting hole and one grommeted hole, the Enuff sheath should fit a large Tek-Lok without modification to either.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Ok thanx for the advice. :)