To buy or not to buy...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DutchBlades

To buy or not to buy...

Post by DutchBlades »

Good evening everyone.

I've stumbled across another fair deal.
This time I have the opportunity to buy a blue jigged bone damascus Endura for the price of €175.

What are you opinions on this beauty?
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Clip

Post by Clip »

Doesn't suit my tastes but it's built on a great platform. Pick it up and if you don't like it, sell/trade?
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

The Endura is a good knife, but not one I personally would prefer. Just the fit in my hand - that is the only reason.

But I have had the Jigged bone handles in other knifes, there pretty unified, not much variation from one another. I do like their look and feel, but some have stated they think it is plastic looking. For myself, I like their look, and it has a nice feel.

Its good looking knife, a nice slicer, has character. The price is typical, not getting a bargain or a steel, but also not over paying.
If you have handled the Endura or Delica and like them, then it would be a good purchase.
Blue Possum
SaintlyBrees

Post by SaintlyBrees »

DutchBlades wrote:Good evening everyone.

I've stumbled across another fair deal.
This time I have the opportunity to buy a blue jigged bone damascus Endura for the price of €175.

What are you opinions on this beauty?
I have this knife and like it quite a lot. Of all my Spydies, this is the only one that I have not been able to bring myself to use.
My Spydies:
6 Manix 2 [blk/blk S30V, blk/blk XL, blue Sprint, blue LW, S110V LW, S90V CF XL]; 2 Delicas [VG10, Super Blue]; 4 Dragonflies [Tatoo, VG10, ZDP-189/Nishijin, Super Blue]; 4 Natives [S30V, Brn CTS-XHP, G10 S35N, Forum S110V]; 2 Chaparrals [Stepped Ti, CF]; 3 PM2s [blk/blk, blk/red Putnam, GRN CTS-204P sprint]; 1 CF bolt-action Sage; 1 Air; 1 Super Blue Manbug; 1 blk H1/blk frn Pacific Salt; 2 Stretch [Super Blue, ZDP-189]; 2 Enduras [VG10, blue jigged bone Damascus]
Ned

Post by Ned »

I think its a beautiful knife, I really like the look of the jigged bone and I am a really big fan of the Endura and Delica models.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
computernut

Post by computernut »

I held a blue jigged bone in a store once but they wanted full MSRP! It was very solid and felt great in the hand, if the price was right I'd get one. It's not really the type of knife you'd feel like using for rough stuff though.
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

No clips kills it for me!
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I love Enduras, it is my favorite Spyderco knife I have 9 of them. But I am not a big fan of Damascus. If its fair deal and you think you might be able to make some profit in the future if you decide not to keep it go for it.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Still doubting... I have two endura's.
Like them, but not allot...

I prefer my para 2 or even a centofante III.
Don't think I'll get it at this point.
I'll try to scratch a little off of his price...

Wish me luck :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I have the brown jigged bone Delica. Positives - I love looking at this knife, beautifully finished, love the file work, love the brown, no clip really adds to the aesthetics of the knife. Negatives - to pretty to use, no clip (and I can't bare the though of it rolling around in my pocket getting all scratched up), I don't like it in the blue but that's just me.
Holland

Post by Holland »

great collectable! but not my favourite knife
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE