Is this a fake delica 4?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
mrtymemxpx

Is this a fake delica 4?

Post by mrtymemxpx »

i recently purchase a delica 4, and loved it so much i bought another one to give away, however when i received the second one i compared the two and i cant help to think one isnt real. the frn handles are exactly alike and the blade belly is the same on both, the hole size is the same but the hole on one is shifted down 1mm lower the other one. also the cut marks on the bottom of the blade on the uncutting edge is also different one being horizontal and the other vertical, also the jimping seems to be sharper on one.
(the horizontal cut marks are on the delica with the thinner space between the hole and the top of the blade, and sharper jimping)
first one was bought from amazon llc
second one was bought from supremesolution ( 124992) on ebay who has a 99.7 rating and around 2400 sales this month.

what do you think ?
:edit: added more detail
mrtymemxpx

Post by mrtymemxpx »

forgot the horizontal pic

thanks again!!

:edit: ( pocket is gray cause i took the paint off, looooong story but to sum it up i am going to buy a new clip
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I strongly suspect that both are genuine. Although these knives are "mass produced", a fair amount of the final finishing work is done by hand. I just think one employee of Spyderco's Seki City maker was a bit more heavy handed when grinding the spine than the other.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
mrtymemxpx

Post by mrtymemxpx »

Phew thank you so much for the info, I wasn't aware of the hand grind part, that would explain the different cut lines too, like I said the handles are perfectly the same.
I just don't wanna give nor have a fake, especially when I paid the prices of not fake knives.
I'm new to this knife world and appreciate the reply
Freman

Post by Freman »

The Delica and Endura, to the best of my knowledge, have no copies.

That's not to say there aren't Spyderco inspired knives in FRN like the Navy K633 but I've not seen anything that is clearly a copy of the Endura/Delica range.

There does appear to be copies of the Dragonfly around though.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

it looks real, I had the same problem with an Endura4 I got; where the pocket clip was off from center I compared it to my other enduras to check if it was a fake but it was not the liners got tapped a little off just on that side on the tip up configuration, but everything else checked out alright.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
mrtymemxpx

Post by mrtymemxpx »

Thank you guys a lot for the info and experiences! I just got paranoid all because i stumbled across a thread that was discussing fakes and my brain did the rest!
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

Freman is right. There isn't yet (known) copy of FRN spydies except for Dragonfly2 Salt which has been copied in green and yellow ABS looking pretty close to the real one except from wrong hardware (size of hex key is the same on the 3 bolts while the true isn't if I'm right).
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!