How many blades to you normally carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey guys,
It varies, but usually a large pe In my rfp, a small pe in my lfp, my se g10 Harpy in my lrp, a SAK Super Tinkerer on a dangler at the front of my lfp, and a full sized multitool in a belt pouch on my left side, plus a Ladybug Hawkbill in a sheath on my keys.
I also have backup blades and multitools in all my bags.
So, my answer is, a bunch.......ha!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Invective

Post by Invective »

Two at a minimum, usually three. Main EDC clipped in RFP, smaller friendlier use knife loose in LFP and my Clipitool with Bottle Opener on my keys. I also keep a Skeletool CX in my backpack because when I have that I'm usually on my bike and in case I need a screwdriver or pliers I'll have that as well.
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

Either my sage 3 or native 5. Plus a dragonfly 2 h1. And sometimes a boker kalashnikov 74 auto in a kydex around my kneck
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v

:spyder:Kyle:spyder:
spidey138

Post by spidey138 »

2. Case amber bone jr scout and a larger locking blade.
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

Always carry two. A main/larger blade (primary), and a smaller one (backup). The backup is also the one that comes out during normal office duties, since it is less "scary" to non-knife folks.

Primary is either a CF M390 Military or a SuperHawk. Backup is most often a ZDP-189 Dragonfly 2.
Wanted: Superhawk - Found!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Depends on where I am.
At home only Native5
Around the house C83 Persian and Native5.
At work Caly3.5, Native5 and Kopa or Moki Glory.
Outside the same as above + Jester on key-chain.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Usually around 5.

LFP - Ladybug Hawkbill Salt SE, along with a Fisher space pen and a Fenix AAA flashlight (E01 or E05 usually)
RFP - Dragonfly Salt PE, will sometimes swap out with a Delica
IWB - CF Caly 3.5
Right extra pocket - today it's a CF Chaparral 1, other days it's a cricket or other small knife
RRP - fluted Ti Native 5 today, other days it's a PM2 or Millie, Yojimbo 2 or other medium to large knife.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Ned

Post by Ned »

I usually cary a large folder ( Ti-Mili, SE Endura 4, Manix 2 Lw) in rfp, and always have a ZDP Manbug on my keys.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I must REALLY be the odd man out here. I always carry one at a time, right hand front pocket. Sage 1 at the moment.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

jalcon wrote:I must REALLY be the odd man out here. I always carry one at a time, right hand front pocket. Sage 1 at the moment.
I started carrying a Ladybug on my keys because it's a very capable knife for those times when your EDC may be too big or inappropriate, or for when you forget your knife at home you always have an edge on your keys. The multi tool is just there by default and makes a good beater edge if I ever need one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

It really depends on how I'm feeling....I almost always have 2 though. A small traditional folder. The GEC #15 is a great one. And then I will usually have a larger locking knife as well, which is often my Burch Midtech V1. But I will sometimes carry a small fixed too. Though I will sometimes carry the small fixed instead of the Burch.

Do I count the knife on my keys? I suppose...LB. Light and capable.

Though some days I am just feeling indecisive and will carry as many knives as I have pockets.
On the hunt for...
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

If I'm carrying a folder it is a Spyderco and a Leatherman PS4 or P4. (Spydiewrench in my bag)

If I'm in the woods it's a Fiddleback forge custom and a Leatherman Wave.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Currently 3 at a time work for me.

Finely edged slicer or SE in FL pocket
Robust edged beater in BR pocket
PE or SE LBK in watch-pocket

This is separate from the blade in my multitool (LR pocket)
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Mostly just 2. a Victorinox pioneer in the front left and my Endura BB in the front right. Sometimes I will carry my CS super edge if i'm going hiking or something. I also keep a leatherman Style CS on my keys, just in case.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

jalcon wrote:I must REALLY be the odd man out here. I always carry one at a time, right hand front pocket. Sage 1 at the moment.
I'm right with you. It often surprises me to read about people carrying > 5 knives at once. I can't imagine a LEO searching me and finding more than one >2" knife and a keychain knife. I just don't care to have the explaining to do.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

Considering I often need knives for a wide variety of tasks throughout my day, including food prep, dirty work, cardboard cutting, detail work, very hard cutting, light prying, etc....

ONE

I generally find one knife is more than enough for all of that. The only difference is in if I need to do dirty work and food prep at the same time, one knife can be limiting :p
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Typically at least 10.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

SolidState wrote:I'm right with you. It often surprises me to read about people carrying > 5 knives at once. I can't imagine a LEO searching me and finding more than one >2" knife and a keychain knife. I just don't care to have the explaining to do.
I can't imagine giving a LEO a reason to search me. None of the knives I carry are illegal, so I'm within my rights whether they like it or not. I've trashed eight edges before lunch at work, so I carry extras. That's what I love about living out here in the middle of nowhere. I don't need a reason to carry a knife or twenty. "Because I can" is good enough.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

yablanowitz wrote:...That's what I love about living out here in the middle of nowhere. I don't need a reason to carry a knife or twenty. "Because I can" is good enough.
I love this about my home. Well said!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

RF either Manix 2 or Para-Military 2
LF either Victorinox Camper or Super Tinker

or

L Temperance 2
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4