Any new fixed blades in the works?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pocket Lint

Any new fixed blades in the works?

Post by Pocket Lint »

Hey spydie forumites,

Was wondering if anyone knows if Spyderco is going to come out with a fixed blade in Super Blue steel? That would be the best thing ever to happen, and Spyderco would have my permission to take all my monies :D
sal

Post by sal »

Nothing planned, but I'm open to suggestions.

sal
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

sal wrote:Nothing planned, but I'm open to suggestions.

sal
A small fixed blade with a boltaron sheath and a G clip (like the Street Beat) would be fantastic! Maybe a thin 3-3.5 inch blade? In a carbon steel like M4, Superblue, M2, K390, Cruwear, etc.? As said before, please take my money.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
MatthewSB

Post by MatthewSB »

sal
A Street Bowie with a micarta handle. The squishy rubber is aweful, it grabs an undershirt and won't let covering garments move freely over it making it aweful to actually carry.

To put users' concerns at rest, regarding using epoxy-only as an attachment, maybe you could put a pin through the end of the (short) tang and through the micarta slabs?
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

sal

Maybe some higher end kitchen knives in traditional Japanese models. :)
Holland

Post by Holland »

M4 Bird and Trout colab with Phil please please please!!!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Pocket Lint

Post by Pocket Lint »

A tanto style blade like Bob Lums but maybe a bit larger and also superblue steel... With a premium stabilized wood handle.
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

Since Spyderco dominates all things small in folders why not try something small (smaller than the Enuff) that could be a pocket carry with a simple low profile sheath. Also it has been some time but I though I read a while ago that a smaller version of the South Fork was being considered. Anythink in the pipes? I would sell things for that one.
I’ve come to conclude that Fettucini Alfredo is just Mac-and-Cheese for food snobs.
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Cricket Bite wrote:Since Spyderco dominates all things small in folders why not try something small (smaller than the Enuff) that could be a pocket carry with a simple low profile sheath. Also it has been some time but I though I read a while ago that a smaller version of the South Fork was being considered. Anythink in the pipes? I would sell things for that one.
Me too. I love small fixed blades
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
Clip

Post by Clip »

I'd hope for something small, Delica-sized. Like the Little Bird or Little Creek in the photo.

Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
jah

Post by jah »

How 'bout a sprint run of the ORIGINAL Ronin!!!!!!
Sorry for yelling :)
Jerry
Pocket Lint

Post by Pocket Lint »

How about a kiridashi style knife in Superblue with paracord handle?
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal
A general-purpose knife with a spear-point blade made of H-1 Stainless Steel and FRN scales, possibly saber or scandi grind, or whatever works best. Also, both a plain-edge and combo or full serrated edge option for it.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Holland wrote:M4 Bird and Trout colab with Phil please please please!!!
Yeah! And let's call it, the Sprig! :D
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ronin for the win?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
morgaj1

Post by morgaj1 »

Super blue Ronin would be my pick.
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

sal
Hi Sal, a couple of SHOT shows ago you had a concept model of an H1 fixed blade, with the Jumpmaster handle and a pointy, PE blade. I would really like to see that one get made, it felt awesome in the hand and I think a full tang, H1 fixed blade would make for a wonderful outdoors knife.

Also, as far as sheaths go, for the the injection moulded ones, perhaps switch from FRN to HDPE, which is the material used in cutting boards? Both the sheath for my Rock Salt and Street Bowie dull the edge very quickly - after it happened a few times, I did a test, and 20 draws took my Bowie from shaving to unable to cut paracord. I think the glass fibers in the FRN are abrading the edge more than Kydex or other softer plastics would.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I would really like a Bird & Trout pattern as well. Charles May has always produced a good looking, straight forward, no nonsense design in my opinion. Perhaps this in any steel with 1/8" or less blade stock? I'd buy that and be smiling daily with it's use.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Ronin!

The only gift I regret giving, was a Ronin to a family member.... The Ronin in a super steel would be... well just awesome.

Or...
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Ronin!

The only gift I regret giving, was a Ronin to a family member.... The Ronin in a super steel would be... well just awesome.

Or...
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4