Dream Collaboration for New Spyder?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Dream Collaboration for New Spyder?

Post by JD Spydo »

Spyderco has given us some really awesome collaborations in the past few years. Two superstar collaborations that are dear to my heart are the C-111 Captain and the Massad Ayoob C-60. But there are other great designers out there that have never yet done a collaboration with Spyderco to produce either a new superfolder or most unique fixed blade.

I've been carrying one of my older EDCs this week designed by a knife genius named Phil Boguszewski. And his custom stuff is just in another realm, not from this planet type blades. So he would be my personal pick for a new Spyderco collaboration.

But many of you know someone in the knife world that you are fond of their designs and would like to see them and Spyderco come up with another creation. Who would you like to see do a new collaboration with Spyderco?

I've also often wondered what kind of great outdoor knife that Spyderco and Bob Dozier could come up with together. OK what's your pick ???
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Before I give an opinion I want to say that I have yet to find a collaboration that I liked as much as the ones with Ed Schemmp. Truly functional art. That said, for a fixed blade I would love to see a spawn from Spyderco and the folks at Blind Horse Knives.

They are just all around good folks and make useful, well thought out designs and the match up with Spyderco to me would be a win win. AS far as a folder, I'll have to give that somemore thought although I sure did love the collaboration with Spyderco and Gayle Bradley.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Burchtree:

Another Anso:

Kingdom Armory:

Southard:

I think the Southard will happen, so I'm not as worried about that one. I just care about the Burchtree.

One more of his, no hole, but with Meteorite and Mammoth Ivory and double bolsters, what's not to like:

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

They need to do a collaboration with me. I'd buy at least two. Of course, I need to figure out how to design a knife first...
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

An upscale Spydie collaboration with a nice Hamon. I'm in.
WagSwag

Post by WagSwag »

Bob Dozier.
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

I would love to see what Kingdom Armory can come up with, I'm very impressed with their work
In omnia paratus
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

TBH, I'm mostly hoping to see more knives with the compression lock. Every time I buy a knife with a liner lock, I start thinking about what I'd need to change to make the compression lock work... (The Collins Bolt-Action would be great to see more of, too.)
—Daniel Jackson
PAZach

Post by PAZach »

Would like to see Strider and Spyderco do a colaboration!
JD Spydo

Really off the beaten path

Post by JD Spydo »

PAZach wrote:Would like to see Strider and Spyderco do a colaboration!
I never even considered that one before :cool: that would be quite interesting.

For a fixed blade I've been thinking that maybe Fallkniven and Spyderco would be a very cool combo to contemplate :cool:

Another idea I had for Spyderco to expand their outdoor, H-1 line up would maybe to do a collaboration with Knives Of Alaska. Because I think that the H-1 Salt line has endless possibilities.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
wongKI

Post by wongKI »

Nobody mentioned Yuna?
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

I would really really love to see a greg lichtfoot collaboration.

Something like an lcc or an M1.

love my lcc. the bladeshape is just so superb :)

or maybe ken onion or tom mayo ???
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

I'd love a Sal and me collaboration :D . We'd make a Stretch III with CTS-20CP steel, a choil like the Para2 and a frame or liner lock. Nested titanium liners and a low riding titanium clip. Carbon fiber scales would be great.

I would probably never need another knife and Paul wouldn't like it, but he has to many Stretches anyway :p :D

Sverre
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

NoFair wrote:I'd love a Sal and me collaboration :D . We'd make a Stretch III with CTS-20CP steel, a choil like the Para2 and a frame or liner lock. Nested titanium liners and a low riding titanium clip. Carbon fiber scales would be great.

I would probably never need another knife and Paul wouldn't like it, but he has to many Stretches anyway :p :D

Sverre
Is there a list of all of the past collaborations? I probably only know about a few since I only heard of Spyderco a few years ago. I know about Gayle Bradley, Ed Schemp. Michael Walker? Was that a collaboration or did Spyderco just use his already in production lock?

NoFair, are you aware that you have to have a Stretch 2 before you can have a Stretch 3 (III). :) I'm just mentioning this because everyone calls the Stretch a Stretch 2 but there isn't really a number attached to the name. It's just understood that the Stretch of today is different from the original so they call it a Stretch 2. I'm not sure how exactly. Maybe something other than a number could be used to differentiate the different sub-models of a model. Like Sage 1, 2, 3 could be Sage CF, Sage FL (frame lock) and Sage BBL or something. The Chaparrals now will have different handle and blade steel I understand. I wonder if they will use numbers or something else to name them. The CF one now is just Chaparral so we'll see I guess.

Jack
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Very little chance of mine ever happening, but I'd like to see a collaboration with Bob Dozier on the K-35 Gentleman's knife, Tom Krein TK-4 bowie style point, Chris Reeve Sebenza with Spyderco Round hole opener, Chris Reeve Mnandi with Spyderco Round hole opener, and Rick Marchand's Guppy or Guppy II.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Can't think of any. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but if there's even one custom maker out there offering midlocks with smooth bolsters, natural material scales, and 50/50 choils, I've yet to stumble upon them. As things stand, Sal Glesser is my best hope for a new design that will excite me.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

Looks like the Burchtree collaboration is just around the corner! Can't wait for the little Chubby
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Not gonna lie and say I wouldn't be excited about a Spyderco/Strider colab.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I would love to see a pure Peter Jhones knife come out of Spyderco. I have a feeling that he could make the ultimate megamix of awesome things spyder.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Invective

Post by Invective »

Evil D wrote:Not gonna lie and say I wouldn't be excited about a Spyderco/Strider colab.
I recently bought an SMF and I must say it is a great knife. I'd love to see a Spydie version of any of them.