Dealer Locator needs some help!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
coradguy

Dealer Locator needs some help!!

Post by coradguy »

I live in Colorado and was just checking to see all of the dealers and half of them listed either don't exist anymore or seem to not be businesses that should/would ever carry or sell spyderco knifes to the public. Seems like the list needs to be updated or something. I was just hoping to swing by one of them to see if they had any knives in stock that the outlet store doesn't at the moment.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I feel the same here in Pittsburgh.. The 2 I called acted like I trying to sell the rocks.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
nccole

Post by nccole »

Updating it would be awesome, plus adding a map of pin points. I like to check it out when I know I am going to travel, and try to plan a visit. There are none near me that I know of.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

You have access to the SFO and need our help finding more dealers? This is me playing the worlds smallest violin.... :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Either go to the SFO or buy online. Living in denver you are able to go to the SFO where you can handle every model and even buy the very hard to find models. If price is your main concern you should be shopping online anyway. I buy half my knives at the SFO and half online.
coradguy

Post by coradguy »

I have been to and bought from the SFO as well but they are always out of like the Yojimbo 2 and the damascus spirits among others. I will probably buy online mostly but just was curious to see who else is out there.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I imagine it could be difficult for Spyderco to keep up with smaller dealers, who purchase their knives through a distributor. It probably started out as a favor - "let us know you carry our knives and we'll put your name on our list" but if the dealer no longer carries Spyderco knives, or knives at all, they don't call up Spyderco and say "take our name off your list".

That and the tendency at Spyderco of wearing multiple hats - I doubt there is an employee whose sole job is to track currently active dealers, rather it is "one more of many tasks" a person might be involved in.

That said, it could be useful to have an updated list of dealers if it were possible to keep it current.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Coradguy,

Welcome to our forum.

Sorry 'bout the list but I think Rodloos has it right. Unless we were only dealer direct, it would not be possible to maintain an updated list and few dealers carry all models.

sal
N. Brian Huegel

Post by N. Brian Huegel »

I know one who does. :D
brian
http://www.countryknives.com

Being vigilant in the world of sharp one edge at a time.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Very true Brian, but as my tag line says "goodness at a terrific cost"! Some of the most rare items I have though are directly due to you and I do appreciate your large inventory. You don't have quite everything BTW, much to my great sadness! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King