What kind of wallet do you carry?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JBE

Post by JBE »

I have an old khaki Maxpedition Spartan. I'm going to replace it with a Saddleback Medium Bi-Fold as soon as they are back in stock.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Zenith what kind of knife is that? Oh, by the way I carry an old Fossil bi-fold that was worn out years ago but I like it too much to let go of it. It has five card slots on each side and each one has two or three in it.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Zenith what kind of knife is that? Oh, by the way I carry an old Fossil bi-fold that was worn out years ago but I like it too much to let go of it. It has five card slots on each side and each one has two or three in it.
It is a Des Horn Imvubu with Nitrobe-77. My grail :D
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I have several wallets. I use the Big Skinny the most by far right now. Also have a Fossil I-fold I like.

Got fancy LV and Gold Pfeil wallets I got as presents in a drawer somewhere.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Zenith wrote:It is a Deorn Imvubu with Nitrobe-77. My grail :D

I like that knife. Can you open it with the extended thumb ramp on top of the pivot? It reminds me of a Boker knife I have that you can roll it open similiar to a Case Rusdlock.I wish Spyderco would make something like that. I think you should be able to open a knife five or six different ways.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

The Boker knife I was refering to is the Exskelibur. I would love to see Spyderco make something like that and I saw from you tube that Imvubu can be opened via the thumb ramp.
Revival

Post by Revival »

No wallet here, just a smart money clip and love it. One of the first things I learned here in Vegas was not to carry my wallet in my back pocket. I wasnt about to carry my wallet in my front pocket so switched over to the smart money clip and its perfect.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Revival wrote:No wallet here, just a smart money clip and love it. One of the first things I learned here in Vegas was not to carry my wallet in my back pocket. I wasnt about to carry my wallet in my front pocket so switched over to the smart money clip and its perfect.

So how does that work? You have your dollars bills, driver's license, medical insurance card, etc all clipped with a money clip in your pocket? I wouldn't want to have to worry about dropping all those cards, ID, etc every time I reached for a dollar bill.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I am glad you posted this posting, because I was going to ask you guys' advice about a new wallet. I have been carrying a tri-fold cheap leather one, in the past I used a folding nylon one.
Are there any leather or nylon ones you recommend, that have a zippered enclosure for the slots, so nothing can fall out? Also, Evil D, I like that Harley Davidson wallet. I saw a similiar NON Harley one for sale on some website, they CLAIMED it was "The Best Leather Out there" and it went for like 12.95, including a chain. Is this likely a cheapo one that will soon fall apart?

What should one expect to pay for a top grain well-made leather trucker and motorcyclist wallet?
Revival

Post by Revival »

this_is_nascar wrote:So how does that work? You have your dollars bills, driver's license, medical insurance card, etc all clipped with a money clip in your pocket? I wouldn't want to have to worry about dropping all those cards, ID, etc every time I reached for a dollar bill.
These are some stock photos to give you an idea.

Carries your cash on one side and drivers licenses, credit cards etc on the other. I gave them away as gifts to my friends and every single one of them use them to this day. They are not for every one though as I would never give one to my dad as he keeps everything under the sun in his wallet. I used to carry a wallet with unnecessary junk too never again.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Wow. Never saw one of those before. Looks like it works well to my surprise.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

RanCoWeAla wrote:I like that knife. Can you open it with the extended thumb ramp on top of the pivot? It reminds me of a Boker knife I have that you can roll it open similiar to a Case Rusdlock.I wish Spyderco would make something like that. I think you should be able to open a knife five or six different ways.
RanCoWeAla wrote:The Boker knife I was refering to is the Exskelibur. I would love to see Spyderco make something like that and I saw from you tube that Imvubu can be opened via the thumb ramp.
Jip, exactly like a Boker EXK, don't know when or why but it has become a popular method of opening for many South African knife makers. At last years Knife Guild show we where discussing the opening mechanism. No one really knows where it comes from, who did it first, but the earliest remembrance of this mechanism was around the 1980's.
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

double tap.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Revival wrote:These are some stock photos to give you an idea.

Carries your cash on one side and drivers licenses, credit cards etc on the other. I gave them away as gifts to my friends and every single one of them use them to this day. They are not for every one though as I would never give one to my dad as he keeps everything under the sun in his wallet. I used to carry a wallet with unnecessary junk too never again.
That's pretty cool, I may have to try one out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
remnar

Post by remnar »

SpyderNut wrote:Here's what I currently carry: https://www.dynomighty.com/shop/Explorer-Mighty-Wallet

It's nothing fancy or expensive, but I've received numerous compliments on this wallet over the years. It's also very lightweight and thin, which make carrying it a lot more comfortable than my old leather wallets.
I was at a small book store with my daughter and they had a rack of these wallets with many different designs. I'm kind of a nerd so the one with all kinds of conversions and mathematical formulas on it caught my eye. I decided to give it a try. Here are some pics of the wallet before it's filled with all junk that I usually carry.

The last pic has my current wallet (still filled) for comparison. After transferring the contents to my new wallet, it is quite a bit thinner than my previously filled leather wallet and almost as thin as my empty leather wallet. It is not a fair comparison though, because I did not put everything back into my new wallet.
Revival

Post by Revival »

Gunslinger wrote:That's pretty cool, I may have to try one out.
I highly recommend them if you want something simple. I have used mine for over 7 years without a problem.
JBE

Post by JBE »

Well, since it seems that Saddelback wallets are perpetually out of stock, does anyone have any recommendations for a quality, thin leather wallet?
Jason