Still No 2014 Spyderco Catalog??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

xceptnl wrote:I will gladly ship my copy to one of you if you will stop bumping this thread.

Sorry that our posts appear to aggravate you.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

sal wrote:We send them out everyday. We've sent out quite a few. You might try the telephone?

sal

If ordering them via the website is that unreliable, considering many have tried this method and have yet to get their catalog, can I suggest you remove the option from the webpage? All it does is make for a frustrated customer. I can appreciate that you folks are sending these out everyday, however I'm sure you can understand our frustration in not receiving them.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

this_is_nascar wrote:Sorry that our posts appear to aggravate you.
The only frustration is that they obviously send them out per
sal wrote:We send them out everyday. We've sent out quite a few. You might try the telephone?

sal
and since you say you wouldn't mind spending a couple bucks to get one, I suggest you either order something from the SFO (like many of us have done) and be sure the catalog option is checked before you pay. I received mine with no problems. If none of these options suit you and the online request isn't giving you what you desire, perhaps a phone call could remedy your dilemma.

If resolution can still not be found, PM me and I will mail you mine.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Just called and spoke to Lisa. She was a pleasure to deal with and said she'd get my catalog(s) out in the mail.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Thumbs up!
*Landon*
sal

Post by sal »

We send out 600-1,000 catalogs per week off of the website and have for the past 2 months. The only problem that may occur from the site is if the information wan't filled out completely. Then it would be deleted.

The posts are annoying because it appears (from here) that perhaps more effort might help if you really wanted one. (like a phone call or filling out the website info completely.

Glad you finally made it through to us.

sal
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Trust me Sal. I know how to properly fill out a website form to its completion, but thanks for your concern.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Called Spyderco a couple of weeks ago, was promised a catalog. Still nothing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein, German-born, American, theoretical physicist, March 14, 1879 - April 18, 1955
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

It has occurred to me that I don't know for certain which address I used for my request as I had just moved and may not have secured my P.O. box when I entered it. Will go ahead and try again, and if that doesn't work I'll call or if I have something to order will just place one.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I sympathize with those of you without catalogs. All I can say is HAHAHA, I got mine, you get yours. :) Just kidding. Even though I love having them on the PC I still like brousing through a printed version. On a side note it amazes me how many products come without a printed set of directions. I got a new tablet recently ant it didn't come with a book. I had to download it. I can print it if I want I guess. Printing the Spyderco cTalog would be tough maybe. I don't have a color printer and if I did it might take a whole ink cartridge (or three). Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Jack
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

this_is_nascar wrote:If ordering them via the website is that unreliable, considering many have tried this method and have yet to get their catalog, can I suggest you remove the option from the webpage? All it does is make for a frustrated customer. I can appreciate that you folks are sending these out everyday, however I'm sure you can understand our frustration in not receiving them.
Maybe they were busy doing other things...like making knives.

Personally, in this day and age print catalogs don't make much sense except *maybe* at conventions as a give-away. Best case for normal customers they are redundant and quickly antiquated, at worst it's a waste of money and paper.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Blerv wrote:Maybe they were busy doing other things...like making knives.

Personally, in this day and age print catalogs don't make much sense except *maybe* at conventions as a give-away. Best case for normal customers they are redundant and quickly antiquated, at worst it's a waste of money and paper.
Blake, I'd be a bit more inclined to agree with you if the Retail Price Guide was among the items available in PDF form, but even then, I'm old fashioned. I don't own a smart phone or a tablet, and I just can't visualize myself using my laptop while seated where I do most of my catalog reading ;) so print still has it's virtues, at least for me. :o
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

The Deacon wrote:Blake, I'd be a bit more inclined to agree with you if the Retail Price Guide was among the items available in PDF form, but even then, I'm old fashioned. I don't own a smart phone or a tablet, and I just can't visualize myself using my laptop while seated where I do most of my catalog reading ;) so print still has it's virtues, at least for me. :o
Lol! Yes...I recall that's where most my product catalogs end up as well. :o
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Deacon wrote:... I just can't visualize myself using my laptop while seated where I do most of my catalog reading ;) so print still has it's virtues, at least for me. :o
I see no problem with this. One seat is as good as any other :D
*Landon*
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

I re-applied two weeks ago, haven't got it, but that's ok. I don't need it.
Stop printing catalogs, and mailing them out, save money, so more knives can be made, works for me.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
sal

Post by sal »

OK, Time to eat some crow. I was disappointed to learn that there were weeks at a time when catalogs weren't sent out. It was my understanding that they were going out every day, but further investigation revealed the error. My Bad. :o

So Nascar, et al, please accept my humble apology. They will go out daily from now on.

sal
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

sal wrote:OK, Time to eat some crow. I was disappointed to learn that there were weeks at a time when catalogs weren't sent out. It was my understanding that they were going out every day, but further investigation revealed the error. My Bad. :o

So Nascar, et al, please accept my humble apology. They will go out daily from now on.

sal
Thanks Sal. I appreciate the follow-up.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Thanks for the follow up. You rock!
stevekolt

Post by stevekolt »

Didn't have a dog in this fight, but Sal's response is just classy beyond belief! If only all other company heads were this responsive...
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

Mine arrived today with a price guide.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71