Delica Super Blue FTW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cajun93

Delica Super Blue FTW

Post by Cajun93 »

This is my new fav steel.
Imagine a vg10 that stays sharp a long time! Imagine a steel a little bit easier to sharpen than vg10. Imagine edge retention like s30v (or better) with that same "bite" as s30. Lots of toothy (s30v, 1095, etc) bite, holds the edge, easy to sharpen. I haven't tried a2,d2,o2,m4,90 and 110v- can't compare to these. The edge gets scary sharp like vg10 and 1095. I haven't tested the toughness and don't wanna. So what, I have to wipe it down after use. Very good blade steel, underrated.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I already have the LB3 and the Endura4 on super blue, I just ordered the Delica4 super blue yesterday, waiting on the stretch and dragonfly2 on super blue. It is great steel and it is a pretty cool sprint run.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I enjoy my super blue delica. It is easy to get very sharp and holds it well for how easy it is to sharpen. I have a stretch on preorder and hope to find one of the caly super blues for a resonable price someday.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mallus

Post by Mallus »

The Superblue Delica is nice not only because of the steel, but also because it's so thin! This of course applies to all other flat ground Delicas as well. I hope we get more thin bladed knives in the future, even if the trend seems to have favored pry bar grinds over efficient cutting geometries the last couple of years.

Back to the SB Delica, I've decided I like the composite blade, perhaps even more that the solid SB in the Caly 3 sprint. Sure, it scratches, but the added protection against corrosion in the pivot makes up for it in my books. I like eating apples and sometimes end up juicing the pivot.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Amazing steel! i love that more people are getting exposed to it and are liking it as well. Hopefully this will lead to more SB sprints in the future :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Holland wrote:Amazing steel! i love that more people are getting exposed to it and are liking it as well. Hopefully this will lead to more SB sprints in the future :D
...and hopefully if will lead to a similar steel in the Golden offerings.

...or maybe something similar like white#1 in the seki models.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?